Skoda yeti or Nissan Qashqai ?

(13 Posts)
StickEmUpPunk Sun 26-May-13 15:00:10

PS DH just said look at the Roomster too ....

StickEmUpPunk Sun 26-May-13 14:59:18

Yeti!!!! But I love the VAG cars so I am bias.

DH said the Yeti is more spacious inside, he's been in one where as I prefer the outside look having not been in one

WMittens Sat 25-May-13 21:46:38

"Loose", at a guess. Like any car, they'll only be as good as the tyres will allow. A FWD car on a set of winter tyres can outperform a 4WD on summer/general tyres, especially when braking when 4WD has no benefit at all.

ohnoherewego Sat 25-May-13 20:29:06

Has anyone any experience of how he 2WD version of the Yeti and Qashqai handle in the snow?

ohnoherewego Fri 24-May-13 23:35:23

I like the higher driving position of the SUVs.

WMittens Fri 24-May-13 23:08:34

I haven't driven the Yeti, so can't compare.

On road the Qashqai is comfortable, competent and quick enough (which surprised me, given it was the 1.5DCi engine).

If you don't need a 4x4, why look at fake ones? All you end up with is a dearer car with less space and the same capability as any other 2WD.

If the answer is "because I like them" then fine - it's just in terms of desirability, the Yeti and Qashqai strike me as odd choices.

You could look at a Dacia Duster for the ultimate in reverse snobbery (and a competent, good value car).

AngelsWithSilverWings Fri 24-May-13 22:58:03

I love my qashqai

I've got the +2 and it's great for young kids but my very tall 7 year old will struggle to fit in the rear seats soon!

Bit tricky getting in and out of the rear seats too. DS prefers to hop in via the boot!

I still love it though , mainly for the panoramic roof and the parking cameras.

ohnoherewego Fri 24-May-13 22:44:43

I don't need a 4 wheel drive. Would you still take the Qashqai?

WMittens Fri 24-May-13 22:30:05

I've driven a 2WD Qashqai a fair amount, it's not a bad drive. I'd probably take the Yeti over the Qashqai if I was after 4WD though.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ohnoherewego Fri 24-May-13 22:02:22

Thanks. The Yeti does get better reviews; it's just that DH says it looks like an ice cream van!

SignoraStronza Fri 24-May-13 22:00:05

DH and his sibling have this argument. I'd say the Yeti. You can take the rear seats out completely, is awesome to drive (doesn't 'roll' like a lot of 4wd cars) and the build quality is brilliant. Wish they did a7 seater version though.

ohnoherewego Fri 24-May-13 21:48:15

Has anyone or experience of these two. I'm trying to decide between them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now