Anyone got a Citroen C4? Do the rear doors freeze shut in the cold?

(3 Posts)

Thanks. It wasn't frozen this morning, miraculously, so I gave the rubber a blitz with WD40 and I'll have a look for silicone grease.

jaik Tue 12-Mar-13 07:48:16

wipe some silicone grease over the door rubbers, halfords should stock it.

We got my mum's old (55) citroen C4 about 6 months ago. It's a lovely car to drive but mum forgot to mention that the back passenger doors freeze shut when it's very cold. It wasn't a problem for her; there were only two of them and they lived on the south coast. I'm on the East midlands with a 3 year old (who was banned from sitting in the front passenger seat when he grabbed the gearstick and put the car into neutral at 70 mph), so I need to find a solution to this to get the rear doors working.

If you've had a car where some of the doors freeze shut, how did you resolve this? We're parked on the road, and don't have a garage, and have tried spraying everything metal to do with the rear doors' mechanisms with WD40, but it hasn't worked. I'm just getting tired of having a 3 year old trample over the front passenger seat to get in the car, and having to grope around from the front seats to fasten him in.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now