Name your ideal car

(6 Posts)
MoreBeta Fri 15-Feb-13 13:55:51

I dont drive but every morning a man with a sliver Merc turns at my door and drives me and my DCs to school. He is a good professional driver. I give him £5 and then he drives away and fills it up with petrol, pays the lease fee, maintains it, washes it, insures it, licences it and pays for a garage to keep it in.

That is my ideal car. One I dont own it or drive it or look after it but I get to use whenever I like.

StripeyCircle Fri 15-Feb-13 13:51:12

Nice one pickle - fortunately, 'mine' are so stratospherically expensive that I'd have to sell my house and kids just to put down a deposit! So not a chance of frivolity. Tia's musclecar would be pretty good too!

picklepepper Fri 15-Feb-13 13:48:19

An unadventurous choice perhaps, but a Mini. A lovely, duck egg blue mini, one of those that has 2 doors to access the boot, and with alllll the fancy extras (like heated seats and sat nav). I'd better not ponder too much as I'll find myself coming over all frivolous and getting one on finance, I just know it!!

purply? i meant purple, but as it's actually the lovely usually too girly for me colour-changing purple paint, maybe purply is a better word!

An american muscle car done up by Chip Foose especially for me (and the money to run it!)

Failing that a Mercedes SLK would do nicely, or a purply TVR Tuscan (that actually runs - I'd call it the unicorn!!)

StripeyCircle Fri 15-Feb-13 13:42:04

Money no object and without having to worry about boring things like car seats or kids or fuel economy, what would your ideal car be?
I've always been a sucker for an Aston Martin. Failing that, a Morgan would be quite nice too. Both in British Racing Green, obviously grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now