Lost MOT certificate

(4 Posts)
printpress Fri 18-Jan-13 10:45:04

Thanks!

piratecat Thu 17-Jan-13 21:32:35

hmm unless you were selling it on and wanting to have the proof in your hand to show a buyer, then i can't think of why you would need proof of the MOT. It's is the 'system' that your car is MoT'd, so you can even buy a tax disc online, as long as you have your reg to hand.

any garage would be able to check your car in the same way you could re the mot.

TurkeyDino Thu 17-Jan-13 21:29:04

You don't need it to get your next MOT done. You may need it if you get a producer from the police for any reason. You can get them reprinted for a £10 standard charge at any vosa MOT station.

printpress Thu 17-Jan-13 21:27:29

I just bought a car and promptly managed to lose its MOT certificate. I've looked up the details online b/c I have the document reference number from the V5C registration certificate so I know when my current MOT expires. Am I legally obliged to actually have an official piece of paper though or will I need it in order to get my next MOT done? I now have a printout of the online DirectGov page and am wondering if that's all I need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now