so, bought a ford galaxy, but having a dim moment re. diesel pumps...

(10 Posts)

Or use HGV fuelling (I needed 2 hands on pump - quick tho)!

KMR281 Wed 28-Nov-12 11:10:08

ok, so it's clearly just me then - thought as much smile (but will try re-angling the pump as per Kenny's post too)
haven't tried putting a chest freezer in the back yet, but give it time...

Poledra Wed 28-Nov-12 10:33:06

'Tis just a Tranny van in its Sunday clothes, really.

Poledra Wed 28-Nov-12 10:32:51

I've fitted a chest freezer in the back of mine grin

kennythekangaroo Wed 28-Nov-12 10:27:26

Make sure the pump is in at the right angle or pull it out slightly. I had a car with a dodgy tank that was very fussy about angles.

ISeeSmallPeople Wed 28-Nov-12 10:21:31

Bad pump. Use a different garage.
Try not to pass out in shock at the cost of filling the tank.
But on the plus side you can fit a double mattress in the back, enormous radiators, and 5 boxes of billy bookcases, which saves on delivery costs! And take 6 kids on trips.

Poledra Wed 28-Nov-12 10:18:11

Sounds like a knackered pump to me grin I haev a Ford Galaxy and I haven't noticed any difference in filling a diesel vs. a petrol. Apart from the fact it takes 70 litres to fill the tank from empty, which takes a long time and a second mortgage...

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 28-Nov-12 10:11:51

The car I have now is the first petrol car I've had in 10 years.

Can't say I've noticed a difference. Sorry!

Try a different garage maybe? Don't know, maybe you're just a bit weird wink

Fenton Wed 28-Nov-12 10:01:52

I haven't noticed my diesel taking any longer to fill than the old petrol one.

I would say it's the pump not your tank - have you found this happening more than once or just today? - and do you always go to the same pump?

KMR281 Wed 28-Nov-12 09:56:00

so, got car a few weeks ago, driving is fine, and nearly used to how massive it is now for parking etc. however, filling up the diesel tank - I may be daft (quite likely, at 8months pregnant too) but the pump seems to be very slow, and not work in the same way as a petrol pump - is it just me being a fool, or is there a knack to using a diesel pump?? honestly, took about ten mins plus today of careful holding of the pump's 'trigger' to get 35litres in the tank (about half full) including many cut outs - then I gave up. If I pull up the trigger bit to the top (as I would have done with old petrol car) it cuts out. have to hold it at a particular point, or no diesel is forthcoming...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now