Best family car?

(4 Posts)
TurkeyDino Mon 19-Nov-12 17:08:05

Hyundai i800 is worth a look. It is huge and I don't think it looks too bad (for a large family car)

WMittens Mon 19-Nov-12 17:01:37

Get two small ones - buy wisely and you won't pay more on running costs than the Galaxy, but have versatility and more space (10 seats and two boots).

Road tax for a 2.0 TDCi Galaxy is £170, if you can get two band C cars you pay £60/year combined; MPG depends on the model, but I expect a roof box would be dragging the fuel economy down to 25-30mpg, as long as the small cars manage 50+ MPG you won't be too far off (not to mention the savings when a car is only being used for fewer passengers); insurance might be a stickler, but a multicar policy might work out pretty economic.

nipersvest Mon 19-Nov-12 11:15:55

land rover discovery?

MarathonMama Mon 19-Nov-12 11:13:04

We have four DCs - ranging from 11yo to 9mo. We need a BIG car that will fit all of them and their stuff (including a buggy) and of course us! DH is fed up of having to put a roof box on our Galaxy.

DH has a special lease thing going on at work (that I don't understand) so money isn't a problem. What car would people recommend?

He was looking at a Caravelle but I hate it (with a passion). It looks like something out of the A team...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now