Can you cook on a fire pit???

(5 Posts)
NotInTheMood Sun 01-Sep-13 13:54:59

We noticed someone had a fire on camp guessing it was a fire pit as actual fires were not allowed on camp. I hadn't even thought of buying one to keep warm camping. I was also wondering if you could use them to cook???

snowmummy Sun 01-Sep-13 13:55:58

Yes you can.

ViviPru Sun 01-Sep-13 18:31:16

The tricky part is the grill/cooking area. Some fire pits come with them, ours (Weber fireplace) does not.

You can get a suspension tripod or a grill to balance over, but ours is too big and I can't find a grill with large enough diameter to just rest on.

You can get grills from campfirecookinggrill.co.uk and the Pioneer grill clamped on a stake looks ideal, but I'm hoping Mr. Pru will be able to make one along those lines.

You definitely can. We have this - landmann tripod bbq which works a treat, plus when we go to sites that allow proper on the ground fires without fire pits it works just as well.

hillbilly Thu 05-Sep-13 06:46:32

WE have the largest grill from campfirecookinggrill.co.uk and it works perfectly over a firepit. Best piece of kit we ever bought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now