Complete novice - camping in France

(5 Posts)

A wonderful friend of mine has lent me her house for a week in Languedoc so we've decided to camp afterwards. I haven't been camping for years and not with the children. Mine are 11 and 8 so they are very excited by it.

I've been looking at French campsites online - says most pitches have an electrical hook up. Sounds stupid but what do I need to hook up the electric?

Any recommendations for campsites in Languedoc?

Although I've got a huge boot, I think I'm going to need a roof box as well!

Just the basic list of tent, beds, cooking, utensils, lights etc will take up so much space....

beachyhead Mon 01-Jul-13 15:40:59

You don't need an electric hook up but you may have lights for the tent, an electric cool box, iPads or phones, so you could use it for that!

I guess I need something like this to hook the electric in the tent?

www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/ELECTRICAL+HOOK+UP.htm

Lovecat Mon 01-Jul-13 22:18:58

You've linked to an extension lead rather than the actual thingy <technical> that you plug your stuff into, which is one of these: www.camping-online.co.uk/mains-electrics/tent-electrics/crusader-triple-mobile-mains-tent-electrics-unit.html?gclid=COji1MWbj7gCFWzItAod6T8A2A - you need a decent one, there's a thread way back on here talking about electrical safety if you search.

Most French campsites will either lend, hire or sell you an adaptor for a UK EHU. Alternatively you can buy an adaptor in any French supermarket for about 7 Euro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now