I love camping and MN camping threads!

(168 Posts)
hillbilly Sun 30-Jun-13 21:31:18

My name is Hillbilly and I'm a camping junkie (or camping nerd as I was recently called!). I spend so much time on this topic here on MN it's almost embarrassing. Nuff said :-)

Couldn't leave you standing here on your own!

I love camping muchly too. Sporadically on here, usually when i'm in need of a new gadget!

pictish Sun 30-Jun-13 22:51:10

And me!

We're packing for a week away, leaving in the morning! Very excited to be going through the camping gear! grin

hz Mon 01-Jul-13 09:34:46

'Mumsnet Camping Talk' is a short cut tab on my tool bar alongside my e-mail login, my blog, and facebook. There I said it. I'm a camping obsessive and I'm proud.

Kahlua4me Mon 01-Jul-13 10:06:43

I love camping too!
We are off to camping at the start of the holidays and already very excited.

MummyPigsFatTummy Mon 01-Jul-13 10:18:41

My name is MPFT and I too am a camping and camping gear junkie. Off again this weekend - with new tealight chandelier - can't wait.

shirazplease Mon 01-Jul-13 13:06:52

My name's Shiraz and I heart camping and all of the gadgets that go with it too!

We're away this weekend too, down to Greenacres in Somerset. v Excited.

How's the chandelier MPFT

PS long range forecast for down here is looking epic!!

hillbilly Mon 01-Jul-13 14:01:30

We are off back to Forgewood this weekend and the Abbotstone Wood in a few weeks time. Weather looking epic here too :-)

troutsprout Mon 01-Jul-13 14:43:51

I thought I had lost my camping mojo earlier in the year... (had begun to associate camping with horrendous pain). However, I have a new back now :-) ( had op last oct) and I think I've got it back in time for our trip to corfe castle in a few weeks.

Blu Mon 01-Jul-13 15:01:51

Much as I love the MN Camping Board, I would like the balance to tip in the ratio between posting about camping and actually camping!

I wanna go camping, waaaah!

I have managed one weekend this year because of bad weather. I'm of on my own with my oldest son this weekend though so that should be fun!

Slubberdelatrinae Mon 01-Jul-13 16:37:56

This board has cost be a sodding fortune over the years I've been on it
<glares at Yellow my current evil spending temptress>

Keztrel Mon 01-Jul-13 16:43:48

Ooh ooh how exciting, I just saw this in Active convos. I love camping too though am a newbie and only went for the second time (as an adult) this weekend. We went to Robin Hood's Bay and camped in a site near the cliffs with great sea views. It was bloody windy and hard to put the tent up, but amazing!

I need to work out how to keep the tent tidy, it was a total mess after two nights, so will be trawling this board for ideas smile

Slubberdelatrinae Mon 01-Jul-13 16:48:16

Welcome Keztrel. prepare to see your credit card start to smoulder.
the secret to a tidy tent is to take less stuff <hollow laugh> or buy more stuff that comes under the heading of stuff wot I can put stuff in.

Keztrel Mon 01-Jul-13 17:16:39

Thanks Slubber! Take less stuff...hmm...grin I think more stuff wot we can put the stuff in is required! I already have a v pretty wicker picnic basket from Oxfam that would have been useful this weekend, but currently contains pointless old tat... It even has three holes for wine in the middle - v handy!

Slubberdelatrinae Mon 01-Jul-13 17:22:34

uh-oh. And already you have gone to the darkside grin

Keztrel Mon 01-Jul-13 17:28:33

Indeed! MPFT has already made me want a tealight chandelier!

Slubberdelatrinae Mon 01-Jul-13 17:29:36

<narrows eyes>

firehazard

#safetyfirst

shirazplease Mon 01-Jul-13 17:37:36

# batterytealights grin

I've been advocating safe yet glampy camping wink

Keztrel Mon 01-Jul-13 17:40:25

Ha, Slubber, DH wouldn't let the tealights anywhere near the tent...he's all about the safety. Actually I'm guessing with this thing being a 'chandelier' it's meant to hang from the roof of the tent? I was just picturing some pretty lanterny thing I could put on the grass...

Ignore me grin

Keztrel Mon 01-Jul-13 17:40:54

x-post Shiraz. Battery tealights. Genius!

MinimalistMommi Mon 01-Jul-13 17:50:41

Trout where are you staying?

Slubberdelatrinae Mon 01-Jul-13 17:52:43

#youcantfindfuckallinthedarkbythepowerofabatterytealight

you want a nice big fugly lantern

Slubberdelatrinae Mon 01-Jul-13 17:54:13
Keztrel Mon 01-Jul-13 17:57:09

That fugly lantern isn't that bad Slubber smile The second one is indeed heinous.

The battery tealights would be for prettiness only! We have a proper light that hangs from the roof already, but the light it gives is cold and blue. I'm thinking a few tealights about the place could warm things up a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now