Best windbreak?

(22 Posts)
hillbilly Wed 08-May-13 23:19:10

Loving the way this thread is going Slubber! Hz, ours was a 7 poler Maybe we weren't banging in hard enough or making taut enough blush

hz Wed 08-May-13 21:17:43

Right just googled it. Nice looking bit of kit. Is it possible the 7 pole is less flappy than the 5 pole one?

hz Wed 08-May-13 21:15:09

Ha, ha. That whole thread made me chortle. Never owned a windbreak so can't help though. Going to check out Blue Diamond though, even though I don't want one....

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 18:50:25

To a friend's pre-campsite in N wales <waves if she is lurking>. Fully embracing the whole own-san required aspect of camping. Was just lovely, including the nature-vista loo trips. i think the badgers had long gone though. big old holes they dig.

Blu Wed 08-May-13 18:29:56

Where did you go?
I've never seen a badger in the wild.
I'd love to.
But not if I run the risk of turning round and find myself gazing upon your extensive...well, bog arrangement!

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 18:05:52

Just to clarify the blue diamond was creating the bog enclosure. I didn't just shit on it.

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 18:04:27

In other non double entendre windbreak news I made an alfresco bog with my blue diamond this weekend. I was able to open my bowels while gazing upon an extensive badger sett. Never done that before.

#campingopportunities

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 18:00:45

Good god I just typed that out in complete seriousness.

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 17:59:52

For perfect tautness it's a two man job really. One to unravel and position and then the other to bang the pole in hard.

pollywollydoodle Wed 08-May-13 17:33:37

DH after a curry 1998 grin

Blu Wed 08-May-13 17:23:44

I had one of those petrol station ones. The lurid blue with other colour stripes plasticky stuff and wooden poles. It lasted more than 20 years. DS shredded it using it as a backdrop to his archery target and now I need a new one. I am suspicious of ones which need guys - more things to trip over, just where we have the stove.

Lucycat Wed 08-May-13 16:46:02

yy guyropes are what you need then you will' break the wind' perfectly - I sound like a French translation there grin

hillbilly Wed 08-May-13 16:41:59

Well it just did not stay upright very well and was very billowy no matter how much we tried to make it taut.

I can't believe I'm actually having a conversation about a windbreak - I think I'll need wine after this grin

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 12:54:22

Snort.

Ah well hillbilly, you will indeed have made a camper somewhere do this grin

Why didn't it work for you do you think?

tethersend Wed 08-May-13 12:48:00

Pull my finger.

<childish>

hillbilly Wed 08-May-13 12:39:53

Oh well, someone's going to be happy then. He said he would give it away if anyone needed it.

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 12:31:01

NO WAY!

You gave your Blue Diamond to the campsite? You total crazer they are the biz of windbreakness, and no horrid rustly plastic noise either.

hillbilly Wed 08-May-13 12:27:54

That made me laugh so much I almost spat out my lunch! Sort of wishing I had not donated it to the campsite now and persevered with it. Ho hum confused

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 12:25:01

Did you hammer the wooden poles into the ground? Cos just lying flat they are rubbish at breaking wind.

Sorry.

I've never had a problem with ours. Sometimes I guy the poles if the weather is windy.

hillbilly Wed 08-May-13 11:54:21

That's what we had and we just did not get on with it at all! When I looked around the camp site at the weekend, the most sturdy ones had more poles, and closer together than ours. Maybe we were doing something wrong?

Slubberdegullion Wed 08-May-13 10:46:16

Blue Diamond.

hillbilly Tue 07-May-13 23:26:32

I need a windbreak. Not for privacy but for shelter. We had one which was crap and gave it to the campsite owner last weekend. Sooo, recommendations please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now