So what's new in the way of camping gadgets?!

(114 Posts)
Uppermid Sun 17-Feb-13 17:31:25

The nights are getting lighter, so surely it's about time to start seeing what stuff is new and essential this year! Have the bunting and fairy and fairy lights ;o) so what do I need this year?!

Wiggletastic Sun 12-May-13 13:58:29

We went to Decathlon yesterday to get a new SIM for DD as she is too big for her little inflatable bed now and it was torture resisting all the lovely new camping gear. We did get a couple of pop up lights that seem quite useful but I was dragged away from everything else. sad My favourite bit of camping kit is still my Storm Kettle, its much quicker than the stove for boiling water and great for sites or festivals with no EHU for my travel kettle.

Quenelle Sun 12-May-13 17:03:41

Pop up lights?

Blu Sun 12-May-13 19:50:12

I'd love a storm kettle envy. Need to find a way to justify the cost in addition to BBQ, 2 burner stove, Campfire Grill.

Wind up lanterns are ok though they don't give out a great beam, and you need to wind it before everyone goes to bed as the winding makes a high pitched VREEEEeeeremVreeeEeeeemVreeem.

Blu Tue 14-May-13 14:01:07

I bought one of these yesterday and am very excited about it as a good reading light - I could attach it to a tree branch or my camping chair or an overhead loop or pole in the tent, or stand it up...the new alternative to the Tiny Light I have been using - saves wasting batteries in a big lantern, and is discreet enough to use in the tent without waking DS.

CaveyLovesPendleton Mon 20-May-13 20:32:36

Looks good that Blu

Sleepyoto Tue 21-May-13 18:06:40

Can't believe it, I can't stop thinking about that snack stand (I know I need a life) - I just went to have another look and someone's given it a terrible review! Has anyone got one and tried it out yet?

Wiggletastic Tue 21-May-13 18:47:12

Here be the pop-up light

Wiggletastic Tue 21-May-13 18:48:53

My 'notebook' style fold-up barbecue is another favourite bit of kit. We paid £40 for ours a couple of years ago but I saw them last week in BM Home Store for £12.99!!! Bargainous!

CaveyLovesPendleton Tue 21-May-13 21:06:03

Oooh good spot Wiggle - I shall peruse my B&M on Friday grin

LifeofPo Wed 22-May-13 14:51:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Quenelle Wed 22-May-13 14:56:30

Excellent grin Will she use it? It might turn out to be the new must-have. The new Icey Tek...

MummyPigsFatTummy Wed 22-May-13 15:07:20

I'm liking this www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-D4BCEE8F-27788157/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=2478&ar=1. From LIDL and £20 less than the lakeland version. Both cool (IMHO) and bargainous (if bulky to transport).

LifeofPo Wed 22-May-13 17:13:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

popandgoknickers Fri 20-Sep-13 12:54:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now