airbed vs underfloor heating?

(6 Posts)
littone Sat 15-Dec-12 22:14:02

I. Think you can get something similar from nursery suppliers.

CaurnieBred Sat 15-Dec-12 22:02:21

I've found this one but it is in the US. Do you have anyone you know over there who could get one for you?!

mummybear25 Thu 11-Oct-12 15:06:06

Thanks quoteunquote, that's saved us from making a huge mistake! At the moment she will still fit in her travel cot so we have a bit of time. The other route might be one of those camp beds on legs, but they seem very long for little ones. I haven't turned up an infant version yet. I don't suppose you've come across any?

DowagersHump - thanks for your reply. I thought ReadyBeds were like airbeds so I guess they'd be no good from what quoteunquote was saying

DowagersHump Wed 10-Oct-12 22:17:21

I have no idea how much those cost but a ReadyBed is cheap and cheerful and does the job

quoteunquote Wed 10-Oct-12 22:15:20

it could do,

On all underfloor heating literature, it warns that if there is not an air gap, you could create a hot spot, which could well damage an air bed but also may cause a problem with the underfloor heating. Probably could be all right for one night, but you could end up making yourself unpopular.

Any back up plans?

mummybear25 Tue 09-Oct-12 22:26:59

Hi - don't know if this is the best place to post this as it's not strictly camping, but I'll give it a go. DD2 is about to outgrow her travel cot and we're looking at the KAMPA airbed as the next step when we go to stay with family. However, 2 of our relatives have underfloor heating and I don't know how an airbed will work with this - will it get warm? will it weaken it? Any ideas/experience of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now