A thread for your low-calorie hero meals?

(4 Posts)

Anyone interested in sharing inspiration for meals that clock in at around 500kcal or less?

Here are my heroes:

Salmon Orzo Salad

Orzo pasta (50g) - 178cal
Red onion (half a small one) - 16cal
Rocket leaves (35g) - 14cal
4 Cherry Tomatoes - about 12cal
1 Salmon Fillet (cooked with lemon) - about 213cal
Feta Cheese (30g) - 80 cal

Total: 513 calories

Prawn stir fry

Jumbo King Prawns (half a 225g bag - I buy the frozen ones) - 90 calories
Tenderstem broccoli (100g) - 38cal
Baby corn (100g) - 28cal
Rocket leaves (35g) - 14cal
Water chestnuts (35g) - 14cal

Then I make a dressing in a tiny ramekin with soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce. Just add tiny splashes and keep tasting til you like the taste. Comes in at about 15cal.

Total: <200cal (whack your own brands and weights into MFP to get an exact total)

EmilyWillson Sat 03-Aug-13 03:20:57

Low calorie dinners are my specialty! I think every single dinner I ever eat is under 500kcal! In fact I think pretty much most of them are no more than 300kcal! I mean for instance the one I had today wasn't even 160kcal and it was a big meal as well! Plus it only had 1 gram of fat too! Mega healthy and extremely diet friendly!

I had:

75 Grams of Cous Cous
50 Grams of Mushrooms
2 Turkey Rashers

plus you can add sauce and spices/herbs if you wanted to as well!

If you want you can have a look at the size of the meal on this link here as I posted an image to instagram... instagram.com/p/ch5-CWGmZ6/

Let me know if you want advice on any other recipes as I literally have hundreds! All very filling, tasty, low fat and healthy! :D

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Sat 03-Aug-13 04:32:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Red lentil and chickpea soup, it's 222 cals on the BBC website.

Pea and goat cheese omlette- 3eggs 210, 30g goat cheese 90 cals, 40g peas 32cal. A handful of basil leaves and salad to serve.

Chorizo and egg wrap- aldi sunnyhull wrap-143 cals, 30g chorizo 115, egg 70, salad 11. Yum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now