Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Easy biscuit recipe needed, for cutting into shapes.

(8 Posts)
ShatnersBassoon Mon 10-Feb-14 14:44:29

I need to make about 40 heart-shaped biscuits, preferably cheaply. I don't often make biscuits and have never made them with a cutter.

Any recipes that will roll and cut easily, and hopefully stay fresh in a tin for 24 hours? Thank you!

elsielegallez Mon 10-Feb-14 21:30:47

These biscuits keep their shape well and cut out easily - rolling them out between two sheets of parchment works really well.

ShatnersBassoon Mon 10-Feb-14 21:50:15

Thank you for that, they look brilliant. I won't be decorating them quite so skilfully!

lookoveryourshouldernow Tue 11-Feb-14 20:02:53

I use the Biscuiteers recipes too - I find them very good... the mixture doesn't seem to spread too much and "holds" a cutter design well.

Just finished some Valentine pressies for the family today ...

Have invested in some difference "extracts" this week - so am planning modifying the basic recipe to make some rhubarb and custard biscuits next week.

elsielegallez Wed 12-Feb-14 21:49:16

Rhubarb and custard biscuits sound amazing! How are you planning to do the custard flavour? I find that custard powder leaves a really dry texture in the mouth.

lookoveryourshouldernow Wed 12-Feb-14 22:49:48

..don't know - it will be trial and error with my new "extracts" and a smattering of custard powder....

Shall update later when I have concluded the experiment.....

elsielegallez Sat 15-Feb-14 18:18:42

How did you get on with the R&C biscuits?

vickibee Sat 15-Feb-14 18:26:14

I will use this fords homework, he has to make a biscuit and decorate it as the great fire of London. A bit of red flame icing and a house shaped biscuit. What a ridiculous how task but hey ho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now