Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

No scales cake recipe...

(5 Posts)
CharlieBoo Tue 28-Jan-14 22:51:19

I have a recipe for the most amazing fruit cake which you don't use any scales. It's a really old recipes of my grandads.

2 cups of SR flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
1 egg
2 heaped tablespoons meted butter
1 cup of dried fruit/raisins/sultanas
Pinch of mixed spice.

Chuck in a big bowl, mix together, pour unto greased cake tin and bake or one hour. (Use same size cup for all ingreedients)

I'm not a baker but this is so easy, the kids love it, is great for lunch boxes and is cheap. I also sometimes put any banana that's going over in it, walnuts or apricots.

Does anyone else have any similar recipes they'd like to share that are quick and easy for a complete novice?

CharlieBoo Tue 28-Jan-14 22:52:14

Forgot 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda!

MsAspreyDiamonds Wed 29-Jan-14 03:08:49

Thanks will try it this weekend. My kids love fruit cake.

mamacoffee Thu 30-Jan-14 20:05:21

Would this work.in.a loaf tin and then served toasted?

Huffpot Thu 30-Jan-14 20:33:25

Another easy fruit cake one with no eggs and no measuring
1 cup dried fruit
1 cup milk
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar

Soak the fruit in milk for around an hour. Add in sugar and flour. Pour into greased loaf tin and bake at gas 5 for about 40 minutes
Lovely toasted as well and a big hit with everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now