Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Recipe for this cake tin? Think its a bundt tin?

(6 Posts)
mumma24 Tue 28-Jan-14 13:01:01

Been given this fabulous cake tin.
But have got a clue on a simple cake recipe.
Thinking chocolate, lemon or vanilla? And maybe drizzle on some icing?
Tin is 9 inches diameter and 4 inches high.
Your help is much appreciated.

Yorky Thu 30-Jan-14 14:47:58

I think it would make a beautiful lemon drizzle cake

Nolda Fri 31-Jan-14 17:07:18

I was given a lovely bundt tin for christmas and I used this recipe for it's first outing englishmum.com/bees-rich-chocolate-bundt-cake.html. I used buttermilk instead of the milk. I poured chocolate ganache over and decorated with marshmallows fudge pieces and honeycomb fragments. It looked great and tasted amazing. I have bought a book called Kiss My Bundt from Amazon but haven't made anything from it yet. Anyone else have any good bundt recipes?

tb Wed 05-Feb-14 18:14:46

Is it a kouglof tin?

I found this recipe Ingredients (for 6 people)

500 g flour

2 eggs

200 g melted butter

100 g sugar

a pinch of salt

20 g baker's yeast

100g dried Malaga raisins

whole unpeeled almonds

icing sugar

Method

Dilute the yeast in some tepid water.

Mix flour, eggs, melted butter, sugar, salt, yeast and dried raisins in a bowl.

Butter a kouglof mould and put some almonds in the grooves.

Pour in the pastry and let it rise in a warm place, until it fills up the mould.

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake from 45 minutes to an hour.

Take it out of the oven and from the mould. Let it cool down and powder with icing sugar.

anja1cam Sun 09-Feb-14 12:18:05

To check against your existing came tin sizes, fill with water to measure capacity. My Bundy tin looks larger than yours and takes the equivalent of two load ruins for example. As for recipes, a classic in that shape would also be marble cake, but really any cake recipe should work.

anja1cam Sun 09-Feb-14 12:20:11

CAKE tin sizes obviously....
and two LOAF TINS

Sorry I need to stop 'multitasking'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now