Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Cherries sunk to bottom of cake

(10 Posts)
Clutterbugsmum Sat 16-Nov-13 18:59:03

I don't know then.

I have been known to use double the quantity of cherries. So maybe they have know room to sink grin.

Orangeanddemons Sat 16-Nov-13 17:16:43

That's the one I used! The cherries sank to the bottom, and bizarrely to one side

Clutterbugsmum Sat 16-Nov-13 16:44:53

this is the only cherry cake I have made where the cherry don't sink to the bottom. It is a very thick cake mix rather then say a victoria sponge mix.

tb Sat 16-Nov-13 15:43:52

I used to have a cherry cake recipe that had twice the weight of flour that you'd expect for 2 eggs, but, unfortunately, I've lost it.

Orangeanddemons Wed 13-Nov-13 17:53:01

Aha just remembered, the Delia method is to toss in ground almonds

Yes Mary Berry told me preen to make the mixture a little thicker when adding chic chips etc to batter.

Purple2012 Wed 13-Nov-13 17:51:46

Also I put more in than the recipe says. That helps too.

MikeLitoris Wed 13-Nov-13 17:51:30

Yeah. Coat in flour should help.

Purple2012 Wed 13-Nov-13 17:51:13

Yes.

Orangeanddemons Wed 13-Nov-13 17:50:46

I know there is a way round this, and completely forgot about it.

Is it mixing them with the flour first?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now