Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

What ever happened to pots/tubs of baking powder?! They've disappeared

(17 Posts)
tb Mon 11-Nov-13 11:23:16

Bought a huge 500g tin in an Asian supermarket on the north side of Limoges last month.

However, I realise this may be a little far for you to go grin

It's used in fritter batter to make it lighter.

This happened in our local supermarket (huge Morrisons) last year so I just went elsewhere after complaining. I think everyone must have done the same as a month later the pots were back. A pack of 6 sachets cost the same as a tub!

hanette Wed 06-Nov-13 17:09:17

Boots and M and S? Blimey it seems they're everywhere!

I must be living in a BP drought-zone!

You used to be able to buy huge packets from Boots if you asked at the pharmacy counter, used to work out much more economical than tiddly tubs.

Howlsmovingcastle Wed 06-Nov-13 16:24:40

They have not disappeared. I have TWO.

<cackles>

Just eyeballed them in M&S as well smile

hanette Wed 06-Nov-13 14:57:56

Ah ha! I'm going to get in my car once the congestion charge finishes tonight and get myself to the mega morrsions and buy in bulk

Thanks ladies :-)

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 06-Nov-13 14:43:43

DP bought a tub of Dr Oetkr Sunday in Asda.

PenguinsDontEatPancakes Wed 06-Nov-13 14:41:58

Never seen sachets. Sounds like a Metro/Local thing. Get thee to a full sized supermarket! grin

Lvcat Wed 06-Nov-13 14:41:50

Tesco does baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in nice big tubs smile

SilverApples Wed 06-Nov-13 14:40:26

I bought a tub in Sainsbury's yesterday.

PestoPyrotechnissimos Wed 06-Nov-13 14:40:18

Lidl has them

givemeaclue Wed 06-Nov-13 14:39:05

Bought some yesterday, tesco

hanette Wed 06-Nov-13 14:38:28

Ah ha! So they're not dead then?

I think the trouble is that I live in the middle of a city so all the shops are metro/local

There is a large morrisons not too far away - I shall make the effort!

Ihavemyownname Wed 06-Nov-13 14:37:17

Morrison had some today at 86p if I remember correctly

I bought a tub in Tesco a couple of weeks back. Bugger sachets.

hanette Wed 06-Nov-13 14:33:25

Around some time last year, proper tubs of BP disappeared from the shelves of every local supermarket I use

They have been replaced by Dr Oetker sachets of 5g or similar which are fiddly and annoying as I never need that exact amount

Does anyone know why?! Bring back tubs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now