Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Help - paleo or GF cake or similar! Ideas please

(5 Posts)
RockinD Sat 26-Oct-13 16:34:34

I go to a support group where a lot of people are gluten free and it's my turn to bake.

Last time I made Nigella's lemon drizzle cake with polenta and ground almonds, which was well received.

I've been googling to see what else I can find, but I'm not getting very far.

Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes that might help me?

Thanks

CMOTDibbler Sat 26-Oct-13 16:39:43

Nigellas cherry chocolate cake works great with Doves Farm gf flour, is easy to make and tastes fabulous

nannycook Sat 26-Oct-13 21:05:08

Rockin, i bake for a local cafe, every week i make 12 cupcakes, i use doves flour, a 6oz mix which gives me 12 cakes with 3 different flavours, i alternate every week, so far i've made, lome and coconut, choc and orange, raspberry and coconut, choc and caramel, lemon suprise, jam and cream and strawberry and cream, the mix is alittle different as need to add milk , try it and see what you think, the people who go on the cafe buy my cakes and some of them are not even GF, just like them as i'm told.

RockinD Wed 30-Oct-13 19:23:50

Thanks peeps x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now