Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Leftover marshmallow fillings from making tunnocks style tea cakes

(29 Posts)
DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 18:59:29

What shall I do with it??

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 22:29:48

My poor neighbours get sweet fa. Not because I don't like em, but because my ds and DH would barricade the door to stop me leaving the house with any baked goodies for other people.

As for your username tunnocksteacake, I think i would have to have HomemadeTunnocksTeacake instead....

hellymelly Tue 17-Sep-13 22:06:48

Oh I want those ! I can't eat gluten, and miss Tunnocks terribly, I think I need to have a go, but will probably eat all the component parts before they are beautifully assembled! They look fab, I wish you were my next door neighbour.

tunnocksteacake Tue 17-Sep-13 22:03:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QueenBoudicea Tue 17-Sep-13 22:02:13

Maker not male!

QueenBoudicea Tue 17-Sep-13 22:01:49

They look delicious - if you've got an ice cream male you could try knocking up some homemade Ben and Jerry's phish food?

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 21:58:59

I tried to get the mould last year, but it was in production.

I bought it a while ago, but didn't have the chance to make them until now. The mould is great and the recipe included. I'm really pleased with it.

Edendance Tue 17-Sep-13 21:48:44

MAKE MORE!!

So glad you got on well with that mould- I was considering buying it buy haven't yet... I may have to give in they look great!! You could always make some of those marshmallowy things covered in choc and desicated coconut, theyre one of my faves.

nannycook Tue 17-Sep-13 21:36:07

Well thats better, at least the thought was there, you back in my good books now.

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 21:08:47

Sorry, sorry.

If I could send you one, I would!

nannycook Tue 17-Sep-13 21:02:27

That is so unfair when you know we cant have one, shame on you doit.

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 20:33:34

O.M.G. They tasted great! My 8 year old son is in heaven!

SprinkleLiberally Tue 17-Sep-13 20:17:03

Excellent. Look v good. Of course now I want one...

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 20:12:39

Not too much as it goes.

My dad brings us chocolate very week, so I have a free glut. I have chickens, so got the eggs free (ish)

The biscuits used a tiny amount of ingredients as I only had to make 6.

I reckon they cost a shade more than tunnocks. I will let you know if it was worth the extra dosh!

SprinkleLiberally Tue 17-Sep-13 20:04:04

But how much did they end up costing? Most expensive teacakes on earth! Beautiful though grin

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 20:02:39

Ah, thanks all.

It's nice when someone other than my family tell me they're ok!

nannycook Tue 17-Sep-13 20:01:22

Well all thats missing are the red wrappers. Impressive.

BeaWheesht Tue 17-Sep-13 19:51:56

Wow I'm impressed, both at your baking skills and the fact you have put a picture on a post, didnt know that was possible!

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 19:40:11

You know what? They were quite easy! I bought the moulds from lakeland and followed the recipe inside. But basically you coat the mould with melted chocolate, make biscuits that you coat with the chocolate and make the marsh mellow by whipping egg white over a Bain Marie. You add vanilla, sugar and golden syrup.

Then assemble using more melted choc as glue.

Et voila!

nannycook Tue 17-Sep-13 19:38:31

Want even.

nannycook Tue 17-Sep-13 19:37:17

Do tell how on earth did you make those? What one now please.

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 19:34:22

Yes and I'm so pleased with them ( and myself I might add!)

Wolfcub Tue 17-Sep-13 19:34:19

take a spoon, curl up in front of GBB and scoff

Bloodsocks Tue 17-Sep-13 19:33:19

I was going to suggest a bowl and a spoon!

BeaWheesht Tue 17-Sep-13 19:31:17

What? You made your own tunnocks style tea cakes? With soft creamy marshmallow filling?? Not wobbly wobbly marshmallow stuff like in cheap ones?? How???

I'd have it in brandy snap baskets!

DoItTooJulia Tue 17-Sep-13 19:29:58

Wanna see a picture of them? (The tea cakes that is!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now