Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Can any of you baking geniuses help?

(10 Posts)
PrincessFlirtyPants Fri 13-Sep-13 21:14:19

I'd like to bake some egg free chocolate brownies.

The only issue I'm finding is the recipes all seem to be egg and dairy free.

I don't mind the dairy I'm just intolerant to eggs.

TIA

lougle Fri 13-Sep-13 21:18:20
pudseypie Fri 13-Sep-13 21:31:47

Can you use egg replacer? I used to bake with this as I was intolerant to eggs until pregnanct weirdly cured me. That way you won't need to find an egg free recipe.

PrincessFlirtyPants Fri 13-Sep-13 21:35:19

Thanks Lougle smile the first one has potato flour, maybe I'm being dim but I've never heard of that!

Pudseypie, I worry about they use to make that confused

PrincessFlirtyPants Fri 13-Sep-13 21:35:36

* what they use, even!

Viewofthehills Fri 13-Sep-13 21:37:44

You can get potato flour from Holland and Barrett. It's gluten free and keeps for ages.

PrincessFlirtyPants Fri 13-Sep-13 21:48:26

Oh, very interesting! Thanks smile

nannycook Fri 13-Sep-13 21:56:03

Can you use that in cakes also?

Viewofthehills Sun 15-Sep-13 16:49:32

Nannycook- You can use a proportion of potato flour in cakes, but it is very fine (a bit like cornflour in texture) so you might need to mix it with another gluten free flour for it to work well in cakes.

nannycook Sun 15-Sep-13 17:39:32

Thank you view, i am nervous as it is to do this and if i impress the cafe it will be on going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now