Hand Mixer - kMix or Dualit?

(13 Posts)
billiewong Wed 11-Sep-13 16:56:38

Thanks so much and am waiting for mine to arrive :-) Hopefully I will be lucky to get one that will last for years!

ParkerTheThief Sun 08-Sep-13 22:24:16

I know youve made up your mind but just wanted to add I have a dualit which is more than ten years old and it has never let me down.

EmpireBiscuit Sun 08-Sep-13 22:19:11

I love my K-mix, 3 years and squillions of sponges and meringues later it's still going strong!

I had a Dualit and I loved it. But the gears (?) are plastic, unbelievably, and they just break and can't be fixed. The whole thing is so robust and heavy, but this crucial bit of plastic really lets it down. I replaced mine with a K-Mix because I didn't want to pay for another one to go the same way.

nancerama Sun 08-Sep-13 22:09:46

I've been using a Braun hand mixer for (at least) the last 10 years. Still going strong. Was really reasonably priced and I couldn't be happier with it.

cloudskitchen Sun 08-Sep-13 22:08:09

I have a dualit and I'm very happy with it smile

billiewong Sat 07-Sep-13 14:53:04

I went to the shop today to have a look and I actually prefer the feel off kMix than Dualit. So I think I am going to trust your opinions and go for kMix. Thanks for everyone's input.

ArtemisCake Fri 06-Sep-13 20:50:56

Kmix is very heavy to hold, but so far (6 months) it's working OK.

ceeveebee Fri 06-Sep-13 20:40:11

I loved my stainless steel dualit, until it set itself on fire after 3 years, and they wouldn't replace or mend it, and you can't buy the replacement mixer seperately so I ended up buying a cheapo one.

billiewong Fri 06-Sep-13 20:38:16

Thanks for sharing...I was tempted to buy the Dualit fron John Lewis because they have 3 year guarantee ... Humm.... I have looked at reviews of Cuisinart, Kitchenaid, Viking, Bodem, even Krups.... But still can't make up my mind yet. Let's hope someone might hv a good recommendation.

DameFanny Fri 06-Sep-13 20:35:08

I've been using a kmix for about 4 years. I think. S'ok.

Willitberaaaaspberry Fri 06-Sep-13 20:28:08

I had a red Dualit that I loved! It was a wedding present and helped me make many cakes cake. It was lovely and red and it had lovely shiny whisks. But then it let me down sad!

It only lasted 4 and a bit years! I was sure, as it was so expensive, that it surely must have a lifetime guarantee but when I went looking it only had a year. When I looked further on the Internet it turns out the problem I had with mine was very similar to many, many other people!

I'm currently looking to replace mine too but really don't think I'm going to go with another Dualit. I'll keep watching this thread too and see if anyone has any good ideas.

billiewong Fri 06-Sep-13 18:00:38

I am looking to replace my £5 Tesco hand mixer (which I had for the last 4 years and to my surprise, still working). But I would like to replace it with a more powerful one and it is important that it will last at least a few years. I am torn between the kMix and Dualit, and read loads of reviews on line. Both got a huge fan base, yet both also have really bad comments about durability which worries me. I want to hear from those who has either kMix or Dualit for a few years. Thanks a lot for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now