Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

QUICK! I need a delicious cake to bake this afternoon. Any recommendations?

(10 Posts)
seeker Wed 15-May-13 14:21:52

I don't think there's much to beat a Victoria Sponge with loads of whipped cream and soft fruit.

I

HoneyDragon Wed 15-May-13 14:19:34

It keeps with caramel on. The serving it hot is just a bonus iykwim? It's gorgeous cold.

GenghisCanDoHisOwnWashing Wed 15-May-13 14:16:58

Mmmm, that apple one sounds lush, think I will try that smile Thanks

Taffeta Wed 15-May-13 14:15:44

Honey, that looks yum my DS would love it. Does it keep well with the caramel over it or do you pour it on as you eat?

xtyz Wed 15-May-13 14:15:08

Oh, just saw not chocolate. Doesn't taste overly chocolaty though

xtyz Wed 15-May-13 14:14:01

White chocolate and cranberry brownies. Deliciouso!

HoneyDragon Wed 15-May-13 14:13:50

This Waitrose caramel and apple cake. It's stupidly simple and after making it last weekend I never want eat anything else again. Ever. Keeps beautifully too.

Taffeta Wed 15-May-13 14:13:39

I made a delicious chocolate amaretti one recently. Not much choc in, just chunks rather than a choc cake iykwim.

Taffeta Wed 15-May-13 14:12:36

Nuts?

I love a nut cake, me. Almond esp.

So....lime and coconut? Lemon almond? Italian hazelnut? Pistachio?

GenghisCanDoHisOwnWashing Wed 15-May-13 14:09:14

Preferably not chocolate as stupid dh doesn't like it.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now