Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

writing on a cake?

(4 Posts)
NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 10-May-13 17:16:10

any of them... they all work the same way.. sometimes your paste can get stuck in the cutter a bit so if you put the white fat that just gives it enough nonstick.

must point out though just a little white fat too much can make it stick as well

WreckItRalphsDM Fri 10-May-13 17:11:44

Thanks Never very helpful, is the eBay stencil the cutter you mean?

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Fri 10-May-13 16:33:37

That is stenciled work on sugarpaste... I would personally use 50/50 sugar paste and flower paste as it works well with the stencil

put a little white fat on the board roll out thinly.
turn your rolled out paste over then use the cutter. It ensures the paste comes out easily every time.

WreckItRalphsDM Fri 10-May-13 16:28:37

Hello, Does anyone know how I would apply writing like this on a cake? it looks like fondant and stencilled? what kind of tools would I need? maybe something like this stencil? I realise I am very rubbish at freehand icing writing! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now