Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Where to buy Coloured m&ms? or what can I use instead?

(10 Posts)
Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Thu 25-Apr-13 12:49:58

Cakes cookies and craft shop do smarty sized pink hearts, I think they do them in bulk & aren't too pricey. Another one to try is design a cake, they do fab bulk stuff

letsgoeskimo Thu 25-Apr-13 12:47:12

Hmm..on second thought, best not, take a lot of smartie collecting

letsgoeskimo Thu 25-Apr-13 12:46:38

Could you use smarties?

CaptChaos Tue 23-Apr-13 12:45:39

If you used the normal M&Ms you could maybe do it as a rainbow instead of the 3 coloured stripes? Would look quite effective I think.

MERLYPUSS Mon 22-Apr-13 12:28:41

Lidld or Aldi do their own version of M&Ms but just in the boring colours.

pigleychez Sun 21-Apr-13 18:37:13

Dh does work in London but not near there. I could make him go but I bet they are mega bucks! He would have a hissy fit and refuse to buy them!
smile

Another option is to just use multi coloured smarties. But I dont think it would have the same effect.

DowntonTrout Sun 21-Apr-13 18:28:57

Yes M&M world near Piccadilly circus. I was there on Thursday. Every colour is sold separately in those big pick and mix dispensers.

Essexgirlupnorth Sun 21-Apr-13 18:25:00

There is a m&m shop in Leicester square that sells loads of different colours. Do cost a bomb though

How about pink chocolate buttons:
http://www.makeawishcakeshop.co.uk/onlineshop/Details.asp?ProductID=9472

Maybe try eBay. Looks like they used to do tubes of only pink smarties

iliketea Sun 21-Apr-13 18:23:38

Probably not helpful, but you can buy every colour m&m you can imagine at the m&m shop in london - do they not do uk deliveries? Or do you know anyone visiting / working in central london who could buy some and post them, It's at picadilly circus / leicester sq if I remember rightly.

pigleychez Sun 21-Apr-13 18:17:25

DD2's 3rd birthday soon and was thinking of doing a cake like this

They used different coloured M&M's. Ive looked and you can get colured ones from their site but being imported from america will cost a bomb.

I though about using just pink smarties but id need to buy the whole shops supply of pink tubes!

Anyone know if i can get anything similar?
If not any other ideas of things to use? Thought of choc buttons but dont think it would look as good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now