Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Red nose day cake

(5 Posts)
MaureenMLove Wed 13-Mar-13 13:44:41

No probs. Sounds lovely. smile

lirael Wed 13-Mar-13 12:43:58

UNable to wrap a parcel I meant.

Have decided - Nigella's food processor Victoria sponge, jam in middle, white choc ganache all over, red icing noses all over the top. Maybe a bit of writing if I can find my piping bag. So thanks for the Vic sponge idea Maureen smile

lirael Tue 12-Mar-13 22:08:53

Good idea but I'm rubbish at covering with ready rolled icing - goes with being able to wrap a parcel!

MaureenMLove Tue 12-Mar-13 21:43:09

Personally, I would keep it simple. Vicky sponge, with red food colouring in it. Cover with ready roll white icing and red dots of rolled icing all over it.

I'd top it, with a Red Nose Day thing. Don't know what, because I haven't looked at the merchandise, but I'm sure there's something you can sling on the top.

lirael Tue 12-Mar-13 21:39:19

DS1 (11) has just informed me that he has volunteered a cake for the class tombola for Comic Relief on Thursday (his school has INSET on Friday). Any inspiration for an easy yet spectacular looking red nose themed cake that we can make tomorrow?
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now