Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Recipe asks for 18cm sandwich tins, I have 20cm

(8 Posts)
Carolra Tue 19-Feb-13 22:03:26

Yay!!!

FoxyRoxy Tue 19-Feb-13 20:18:03

Just wanted to update the cakes came out perfectly using the 4/3 ratio. Thanks all!

FoxyRoxy Mon 18-Feb-13 17:58:44

Fab, considering I followed a delia recipe years ago and used the correct size tins and ended up with 2 pancakes I've always been a bit wary of untried and tested recipes! Will turn the oven down a bit too.

nextphase Mon 18-Feb-13 17:52:25

4 eggs, 93g flour, and 4/3 of the amount of any other ingredient.

Might be worth turning the oven down a bit (say 10 dec C), and extending the cooking time slightly

Use your tins but reduce cooking time. It will take a little less time and be a bit thinner.

FoxyRoxy Mon 18-Feb-13 17:49:10

It's a fatless sponge, 3 eggs 70g flour so not usual sponge quantities. Which is why I'm scared! Thanks carolra

Carolra Mon 18-Feb-13 17:41:30

I'd adjust the recipe... Add an extra egg then work out the other quantities... i.e. if it asks for two eggs, make it 3 and multiply everything else by 1.5 or if its three eggs, make it 4 and multiply everything else by 1.33. I find that easier than trying to add parts of eggs!!!

FoxyRoxy Mon 18-Feb-13 17:34:07

Can I adjust the recipe? I don't want 2 biscuits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now