Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

It's cold and wet outside but it's warm and snuggly in the PUDDLE!

(125 Posts)
EmpressOfThePuddle Thu 31-Jan-13 23:40:30

Come on in!

<puts kettle on, pours water, sets out muffins>

Tee2072 Fri 01-Feb-13 05:29:46

Marking place!

Marking place

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Feb-13 07:59:25

Morning smile

EmpressOfThePuddle Fri 01-Feb-13 09:02:04

Morning grin
Tidying the kitchen and hoping the online shop turns up before I'm due to leave for the shop.

Tee2072 Fri 01-Feb-13 10:38:02

Morning.

Mole results back 'nothing sinister', which I think is my favourite test response ever! grin

Lovely new Puddle, thanks Empress.

I am suppose to be tidying the house today. Anyone want a brew before I get to it?

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Feb-13 10:53:40

I am off to sort socks, then meeting a friend for coffee and cake, I work in m&s in the food hall and cafe and my friend asked me to get there earlier and order her drink as she is on her lunch break, I said just text me your order!

She asked for a skinny decaf cappuccino, and I was texting her all these questions about size and does she want choc on top as they always ask that if its a skinny drink, she was laughing at me and saying she can tell I work there grin

I couldn't help it I went into cafe mode hehe!

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Feb-13 10:54:55

Oh and great news Tee I normally don't like the word sinister as it creeps me out but in this case I love it! in not scared of the dark, oh no

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Fri 01-Feb-13 11:50:09

Great news Tee!

littlemiss, I totally read that as you were off to snort socks. grin

Thanks for the new thread Empress!

We've been to Ds1's art group this morning, and now we're watching Wall-E again.

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Feb-13 11:54:33

grin at snort socks dreamy anything would be more interesting than sorting them!

I was very good this morning and had granola with yoghurt, then I had a easter walnut whip oh well you gotta take the rough with the smooth!

great news teegrin

me and babystate had our 6wk check today, shes perfect smile but i knew that anyway, gp mildly annoyed me, said i was too young to have 3dcs sad but then where i live hes bound to be a bit judgy. going back on the pill at last, i really do not want any suprises, before though i only got 3mnths at a time, today i got a years worth shock hmm

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Feb-13 17:26:03

state how rude of him, your age doesn't mean you are a better/worse parent it really annoys me when people judge like that.

I've book a summer hol for me and the kids with my sister in a caravan getting excited already grin .

EmpressOfThePuddle Fri 01-Feb-13 17:57:17

At least now nobody should get lost! grin

That's brilliant Tee, you must be so relieved.

State, you and Babystate are doing so well! Sounds like your GP just wanted something to disapprove of.

Good for you, Sunny.

DD met me after the shop on Wed cos I was getting my hair cut next door after and she'd forgotten her key. I took her in, introduced her (and she actually smiled and chatted) and they happened to have a book she wanted so all good. I finished at 2 as normal today and got a txt saying 'Meet u at the shop?'

I'm seriously thinking about extending my Friday shift so she can when she feels like it grin

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 01-Feb-13 18:59:13

Hellooooo!

<marking place>

x

thing is he was really lovely other than that, maybe he was just suprised it was the first time ive seen him as we moved here nearly 2yrs ago and id not needed a dr before. It just makes me feel a bit insecure and i find myself saying they are all planned and the same Dad which doesnt matter nor is it anyones business and actually dc2 one hell of a suprise grin

how exciting sunny smile where are you going?

we booked a mon-fri at haven in caister for end of april, just a sun holiday but i cant wait and the big 2 dc are soo excited.

scuse the multiple replys i cant read back on my phone

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Feb-13 19:27:17

state we are going to Talacre, a village near Prestatyn.

Been there before but love it and easy enough to get to on public transport. We had a caravan there when I was little till I was about 5, and I've been 4 times with the kids.

Lovely hoseasons site.

Shaky Fri 01-Feb-13 23:15:23

Oh, new thread.
<looks round> nice, thank you <Empress>

Hello everyone!

Week 3 of phased return completed. Today, the plan was to be working with another midwife but to do my own clinic. We decided that she would see 2 patients and I would do the next 2 etc. my mate saw the first patient but I did the blood pressure, urine test, palpation and listen in while she took the notes. I said I would do the next one, it felt ok, so I did the next one and the next and before I knew it I had done the whole clinic! grin

I am going to be ok! I still get handholding next week and then will be left to my own devices shock My only problem is my normal "chat" of things to advise at the first appointment is very rusty, I felt like I was stumbling and stilted, but it will come back. I forgot my PIN number at the ATM last week. It's like going back after mat leave, like being a student again. My clinical skills are absolutely fine but my social skills have taken a battering. But the other midwife did say that the women would not realise why I have been ill.

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Feb-13 23:30:55

Waves Pom poms for shaky that's great you should be proud you have done well smile

Shaky Fri 01-Feb-13 23:45:16

Thank you sunny I will get there. I have achieved much more than I thought I would this week.

I first read your post as waves Pombears at Shaky, I thought it was ace.

If you happen to pass through Flintshire on your way to talacre, please feel free to call in at Shaky Towers for a cuppa grin

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Feb-13 23:57:51

Waves Pom bears at shaky grin

Which part of flintshire are you in? We usually visit Prestatyn, Rhyl, get the open top bus and get off at the end at Abergele/Pensarn where there is a cafe and a park. Love Lladudno too, would love to live round there smile

EmpressOfThePuddle Sat 02-Feb-13 00:47:54

Oh Shaky, that's BRILLIANT!Congratulations xxxxxx

Tee2072 Sat 02-Feb-13 08:30:53

Such good news Shaky!!! I would imagine the patients won't even notice that you're not in the swing of chat yet. Just so long as you don't look at them and say 'so it's your first?' with 6 other children sitting around them, you'll be fine. grin

great news shaky, well done grin try not to worry too much at my first mw appt with all pregnancies i was shell shocked and the mw could have been a pink hippo and i wouldnt have really noticed grin

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sat 02-Feb-13 13:33:29

State you can't do right for doing wrong can you, everybody has an opinion even when you've done it the 'right' way!

I don't explain when questioned, if they push I am a bit of a cow and will say 'how is that relevant?' grin (sometimes I lose my cool and stutter and make excuses - which makes me feel rubbish, so being abrupt is actually easier IMO!)

Shaky waves pombears wink well done, what a brilliant week. Don't worry about how you come across, you just do what you know and tell them what they need to know and the social interaction side will just slip in naturally.
sunny we went to the Presthaven Sands holiday park on a Sun hol a few years ago. Found it is a great base for exploring the top end of Wales. I am only a 1.5 hour drive from there so it was nice to not have to go far on holiday. Enjoy!

<hands around hot cross buns>

I'm going to my cousin's 30th birthday party tonight - music theme. I said back in Sept when she first mentioned it that I would NOT be participating as I will be fat and buying a fancy dress outfit (or making one) is an arse-ache at the best of times, let alone when you are 30 weeks pregnant!!! She seemed disappointed so I told her I would come as Pregnant Adele grin I will dress in black, put false eyelashes on and turn up and be fabulous lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now