Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

How do I make chocolate icing that I can pour but that will set?

(3 Posts)
Snowstorm Thu 06-Dec-12 12:50:43

Have made fairy cakes in bake-cake-wraps (paper things) and need to pour some chocolate icing on and then drop some of those little silver balls (or something) on top.

How do I make that I kind of icing please?! Just melt chocolate with a bit of added ????

TIA.

ouryve Thu 06-Dec-12 12:56:30

You can make a chocolate ganache - and yes that would involve melting chocolate and adding a bit of cream or butter. Some recipes, you pour the hot cream onto the chocolate to melt it. I did that last week and it split. Such a waste of chocolate sad

For cupcakes, adding butter is probably easiest - iirc about 25g of butter to a 100g bar of chocolate. Just melt the chocolate then stir the butter in.

Snowstorm Thu 06-Dec-12 13:39:22

Fantastic - will do that. Thank you very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now