Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

I forgot the bloody milk

(7 Posts)
IslaValargeone Wed 05-Dec-12 16:24:40

Just put a cake in the oven and realised I have forgotten to add the milk.
Will it be crap?

nextphase Wed 05-Dec-12 17:12:41

Just a normal sponge?
Nope, should be fine - its only a tbs or so.
Enjoy the fresh cake. Any chance of sending some down here?

IslaValargeone Wed 05-Dec-12 18:23:09

You wouldn't want it grin
It was a Rachel Allen thing with buttercream icing on top.
It was very dry, even dc wasn't impressed and she eats anything.
Maybe I did something else wrong? I didn't think 150mls of milk would be so vital.

ClareMarriott Wed 05-Dec-12 21:21:15

Only you know you left the milk out - don't stress over it !

CheeseStrawWars Wed 05-Dec-12 21:25:35

Turn it into trifle base... mmm...

nextphase Thu 06-Dec-12 06:21:38

150ml milk?
Sounds like a special recipie, not my standard.

Trifle, summer pudding, bread and butter pudding, smother it in custard or cream?

Nope, I probably wouldn't want it - I'm so full of pasta and pizza (and I'm eating half the number of courses of the blokes who are out here with me) I can't face breakfast, and I've been at work for 90 mins!

LadybirdsAreFab Thu 06-Dec-12 06:46:01

I once made my Mum a birthday cake. We both love baking and had found a recipe for a chocolate cake that looked great. She went out with my DD so I took the opportunity to make her cake in peace. Once I had made it and put it in the oven I thought I would have a shower (Mum & DD still out). I was in the shower and realised I had forgotten to put the eggs in! I was really concerned I had made a very expensive biscuit but it was wonderful. I have made the cake with eggs since and it is not as yummy. It also doesn't work without eggs now. No idea what I did differently that day to make it work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now