Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

The Puddle!

(1000 Posts)
DreamySleepyBonfireNighty Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:00

Happy Bonfire Night!

In all fairness dps sister has said ok no worries, even if she didn't bring her dcs 5 adults added to our house is too many with a new baby and MIL makes me so damn anxious. I'm already feeling precious about dc3, hormones running wild, its a year ago today I was in hospital for the op following my mc so whilst I'm so excited about this baby I do wonder what if, I shouldn't as me and dp were in a bad place at that time and it was so unplanned whereas this wasn't and so wanted after going through that <looks for positives> so anyway, I feel I've been pregnant or 'expecting a baby' for so long due to the mmc that I feel very much like I'd rather people didn't come round and interfere, just leave us to be a family and let me hold it for as long as I desire --so MIL do NOT take it off me as I've had it long enough, its never long enough when its your new baby <evils>--

I'm going to shut up now blush

On a brighter note m&s website co-operated today, although if it had last night the crayola twistable effects crayons would have still been in stock! Grr.

empress dh and mil bought home a snooker table for ds's bday. i told them not too hmm

it takes up his wholeL room!!

apologies for no caps and crap typing. i have 5yo sat on my lap and am one handed!

I may have accidentally brought a massive play table for ds when he was 2 without thinking, we lived in a 2bed terrace which whilst it wasn't small didn't really have the space for that! Dd was 6mo and annoying him a great deal and I saw it on netmums a sale site and snapped it up as it was stupidly cheap with a trundle toy box underneath and drawers, and the lady delivered it for me... My Mum was visiting and as I stumbled into the house she laughed so much she was gasping for breath, it was bigger than our dining table!!!

But its been the best thing I've brought, granted its currently in the garage as ds has some of the sofa in his room it will be back in in the new year and they love playing at it.

So just saying sometimes you just get caught up and don't see how sodding huge something is blushgrin

Well the mini states are in bed sound asleep and I am seriously enjoying the peace, I love them but atm they're so loud!

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Wed 12-Dec-12 21:01:53

Um, State, I just told Olivia that if she sings and Bonkey's right you'd call the baby BeeJesus Olivia, I hope that's ok.

Does your DP know?

He doesn't need to know grin

--im not expected to show birth certificates to anyone am I?--

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Wed 12-Dec-12 21:22:10

gringringrin

Having a DC who can turn water into wine will save a LOT of money on parties.

Can I just say how much i luffs MN!
I am in a emotional mood and no I can't tell you why but I love it here!

Now my soppy bit is out the way .... State If your baby dd wink can change water into wine then expect a kidnap!

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Wed 12-Dec-12 21:39:40

Hang on, scratch that. A Mumsnet Messiah would turn water into gin!

I don't like wine or gin, ill send it all to the puddle. grin

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Wed 12-Dec-12 22:13:53

grin I had an email from Olivia saying Watch this space. Hopefully won't be long now...

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Wed 12-Dec-12 22:51:31

Ooh excited!

Last time I tried to persuade HQ I got a downright NO! So obviously I was then norty and tried the MITMOO unspoken trick, just to have an email saying that I had tried the unspoken trick too soon! sad

Olivia is my bestest favourite grin

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Wed 12-Dec-12 22:55:53

I think State is having a boy. I know from real life facts, that if you only have a definite girls name, you will absolutely, have a boy. Sorry, but it's true!

The girls name is only definite as I wanted to use my Grandmas name, in all honesty I have about 5 girls names I adore but keeping a part of my Grandma means I won't even consider the others.

Ds was his name from 21wks, dd was her name from about the same to me, but dp took convincing. I think not having a clue if its a boy or girls contributed to our indecision.

I was hoping you had some secret way of knowing there shaky that would mean I could hit the shops grin

Going to have my pre op bloods tomorrow... Its all happening so quickly now!

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Wed 12-Dec-12 23:26:05

Not long now State!
It's almost making me broody!
And my guess at the weight is 8lb 6 oz but please bear in mind that I am notoriously rubbish at guessing baby weights grin

Ds was 6lb3, dd 7lb6 so I want this one to be 8lb9 grin

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Thu 13-Dec-12 00:11:37

This time next week....!
Blimey, it's almost time for the new thread!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 07:26:37

I just took my morning meds and noticed I haven't taken my bedtime meds for two nights.

Two questions:

1) Why didn't I notice yesterday morning that I hadn't taken my meds the night before.
2) Why do I remember taking them last night...

I mean, we all know I'm crazy. But am I insane?!?!

Could explain why I feel so terrible, though.

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Thu 13-Dec-12 08:38:33

You don't sound insane. Could it be fibro forgetfulness?

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 08:48:46

I feel insane. I absolutely remember taking my meds last night! But there they are!

And that would be taking fibro fog to whole new levels!

Ah well, take them tonight and get back on track. Off to see a daycare this morning. Not my first choice due to location, but they already pick up from LT's school, so that's good.

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 09:37:26

Tee I can never remember if I have taken mine or not, now I write the days of the week on the packet so I can be sure.

No you don't sound insane <hugs>

A better morning was had in ShakyTowers today, ds was in a much better mood and was almost cooperative. He has also been pretty good with the Xmas tree, he only touched it once. grin

I will venture out and get the Xmas shopping done today. I actually haven't got much to get, just dp, my dad, BIL and stocking fillers.

It is bloody freezing here again -5!

<puts de icer on shopping list>

DreamyDreaminOfAWhiteChristmas Thu 13-Dec-12 11:44:16

Shaky is correct with her gender theory. We had a girl's name decided from the start with Ds1, but didn't decide on his name until he was a week old. We kept the same girl's name for Ds2, and didn't decide on his name until he was 2 days old. If we have another baby we'll decide on a boy's name right from the start (and keep the same girl's name) so we have an even chance of boy or girl!

Tee, you're not crazy. I often remember doing something then find out I didn't actually do it. It's when it's something you do every day, and when you're busy and time passes quickly it's easy to think your memory is from last night when in fact it is from 2 or more nights ago!

Hope the daycare is good.

The next thread will be a Christmas and Baby Jesus State themed thread!

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Thu 13-Dec-12 11:50:20

Whose doing the new thread?

Day care was good. Still waiting to hear back from one other one and then we'll decide.

Shaky I have one if those 7 day pill boxes that I fill every week. That's how I know I've missed two nights. For the record, Xanax withdrawal sucks.

Morning all, had my pre op bloods done, dps had his hip xray and we spent the rest of the morning with my Mum at the pet shop, she's got ds giant african land snails for christmas!

tee not insane at all, I do it, genuinely think I remember doing something and I've not, or clean forget something I have done! Hope the visit to daycare goes ok smile

Glad shakyboy is calmer we had a bad morning with ds, lots of strops and noise, so glad he's at school some days!

EmpressOfTheNorthPole Thu 13-Dec-12 15:07:07

I think everyone does it! I have to look in the mirror sometimes to check whether I brushed my hair five minutes ago. Or I'll clearly remember packing something, then get home to find it on the table.

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 13-Dec-12 16:45:02

The Christmas shopping is done grin

My purse is officially empty until payday.

I need one of those 7 day pill things, my memory is rubbish these days.

Shall I do the honours and start off the new thread?

This thread is not accepting new messages.