Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

The Puddle!

(1000 Posts)
DreamySleepyBonfireNighty Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:00

Happy Bonfire Night!

BonkeyMollocks Thu 08-Nov-12 09:52:49

I have also had a pounding on AIBU , for saying i didn't like it when a checkout person licked their fingers when opening bags. I still think IWNBU.

I may well get a pounding later when I can hold back no more 'AIBU to call another kid a little shit and to stay the fuck away from my ds so he can breathe!'

Bad bad morning, resulted in me now in tears and a load full of mummy guilt sad

Cake gate was in chat empress now in classics <preens> along with my car dwelling neighbours. I knew I spent too much time here when I made it into classics twice.

How long has every one been on mn? I joined when dd was a screamy newborn so heading towards four years I believe, but she screamed for her whole first year so it could be just 3. I've only been SoC for 10months though.

shaky I enjoy reading the bun fights too blushgrin I did join a p+t parking thread the other day, I was incandescent and very hormonal though.

tee I told dd after ds being majorly annoyed I didn't tell him. She was fine, but the nurse had pretty stickers and I'd bribed her with a lolly.

Eeeww bonkey yanbu <loves self service tills>

I'll join you in the 'little shit' brigade, if a certain boy hits my dd once more at nursery, every day this week, and before the holiday too. I'm tripping him up at pick up later, reasonable, yes I thought so.

BonkeyMollocks Thu 08-Nov-12 10:05:28

2 boys just won't leave my poor ds alone, he is fine, happy jumping around, as soon as they come over they can't get bloody close enough. Ds tries to move away they get closer, ds gets all sad and quiet. the main shit, will hit/puch/bite/jump on heads of anyone else who tries to be frineds with him, therefore I think they have stopped trying. Two boys ds loves won't go near him when main shit is around! sad
I don't know what to do. Am going to speak to his teacher later. Poor thing didn't want me to go today after the reading sad I have never had problems with him clinging sad

I will push for him to move class if i have too, don't want to but what the fuck else can I do??

<grabs more tissues>

State would you like me to direct said child in your direction? wink Some kids are fuckers, and some parents are too bloody soft

Oh bonkey I would just loose it dealing with that, poor littlebonkey.

He was removed for two days last term, but it seems dd and her friend are his target. He's polish, our school has a large amount of polish children but after ds' reception year and so far dds time in nursery the boys appear to be a lot more 'hands on' with very indulgent Mums. I'm getting to a stage where I'd approach the mum but she speaks no english so the teacher has to wait for a polish ta to help whenever there is an issue, and the Ta can't be available daily to say "your brat son hit the same two girls AGAIN"
I lost it yesterday and told her to hit him back, she's a right fire cracker at home and has no anxiety over squaring up to me or dp, but she won't as she doesn't want to go on the naughty chair. Its fecking exhausting this parenting lark.

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Thu 08-Nov-12 11:17:01

Oh poor little Bonkey and little State. sad I'm just dreading something like that, there's always going to be a bully and it makes me feel sick thinking about my boys being a target. Hope it all gets resolved for them.

I think I've been a member here since 2010 State, but I remember reading the boards in 2009 when ds1 was born.

Don't know what was up before - MN wasn't letting me post. I tried a few times, then tried a different browser, then panicked that every time I posted it was actually posting and I just couldn't see it for some reason, so might have spammed the boards with multiple posts! I think its all ok though...

BonkeyMollocks Thu 08-Nov-12 11:26:24

I joined Sep last year. Lurked for a while, got a flaming, namechanged lots then got stuck back in. Bonkey has stuck since April! grin

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Thu 08-Nov-12 11:32:09

My profile says Feb 2010.

Ds2 is having his first injection today. sad

BonkeyMollocks Thu 08-Nov-12 11:46:02

Hope he's ok Dreamy !

Started a thread about shit and ds, I need more views....part of me thinks I'm being silly and over protected, part of me thinks I have a case confused

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Thu 08-Nov-12 12:32:00

Found your thread Bonkey, but I really don't know what I would do other than talk to the teacher. <Helpful> sad See what he/she suggests and hopefully it can be sorted without littlebonkey having to move classes. <hugs>

Hope baby dreamy and little tee get on ok with there jabs.

Dds nursery do supervise quite closely but this lad seems quite persistant. She's not that phased fortunatly so I try not to worry.

The countdown to baby states started dps just fixed the chest of drawers so I now need to fold and organise lots of tiny white clothes, and the prams in from the garage to be cleaned, new mattress arrived a few weeks ago can't wait to use it, only used the buggy part for dd but its got a lovely carrycot on, something I missed when dd was born, she had one on the double but it was small --and she'd only go in the carseat without screaming--

Hope baby dreamy and little tee get on ok with there jabs.

Dds nursery do supervise quite closely but this lad seems quite persistant. She's not that phased fortunatly so I try not to worry.

The countdown to baby states started dps just fixed the chest of drawers so I now need to fold and organise lots of tiny white clothes, and the prams in from the garage to be cleaned, new mattress arrived a few weeks ago can't wait to use it, only used the buggy part for dd but its got a lovely carrycot on, something I missed when dd was born, she had one on the double but it was small --and she'd only go in the carseat without screaming--

<Leaves some jam and some custard doughnuts for everyone>

BonkeyMollocks Thu 08-Nov-12 16:18:05

Well, spoke to ds's teacher, she knew.

She asked ds how he felt, he said "When we were at a party I hid in the tunnel so the boy couldn't find me" Teacher: "Did you not want him to find you?" Ds:"No" sad sad sad

She said that she would try and get the boy to back off a bit and be less intense....we shall wait and see how things go!

Does not solve my party invite dilemma though. I shall prepare myself to be the bitch of the playground hmm

BonkeyMollocks Thu 08-Nov-12 16:18:34

<puts packet mix bat cakes on the table>

<and lots of wine>

bonkey don't feel bad, there's no way any dc who was mean to either of my two would get an invite. Ds was in a class of 15 at preschool and I invited 10, no one batted an eyelid.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 08-Nov-12 17:36:44

What State said, Bonkey. I hope the teacher gets somewhere.

I'm glad your DD isn't too phased, State. It's horrible when that stuff starts.

How were the jabs, Tee and Dreamy!

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Thu 08-Nov-12 17:44:07

Glad your dd is coping well State.

Definitely don't worry about not inviting him to the party Bonkey. It's your Ds's party, so if he doesn't want him there then that's that.

Injection was ok. He screamed a lot, but calmed down quickly after when I gave him a feed. He's very sleepy now though. I had the depo injection today too. I haven't had it before - boy does my ass sting now!

Shaky Thu 08-Nov-12 21:59:35

Aw poor mini state and mini Bonkey, I bloody hate bullies.

I wouldn't worry too much about not inviting him to the party, it your ds day so in my mind his wishes would come first.

Dreamy, I hated takin ds for his jabs, it awful isn't it.

<leaves big tub of haribos and mini crunchies and curly worly's >

Shaky Thu 08-Nov-12 22:00:15

I'm sure these curly worly's were bigger when I were a lass

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Thu 08-Nov-12 22:03:33

They were also chewier. I had one recently and it was far too soft. sad Why do they mess with good things? If it aint broke, etc etc.

They are smaller! But what gets me the most is 17p freddos! They were 10p!

<Hands round dairy milk>

I'm buried in the argos book, 3 for 2 is back tomorrow, apparently. And I have two nerf targets to buy so attempting to sort my sister too, she apparently wants monster high, I'm clueless, have put a plee for help in chat I'm so confused!

Shaky Thu 08-Nov-12 22:30:11

In our house we call the Argos catalogue "the book of dreams", it is one of my favourite pastimes, browsing through it, circling the things I like, leaving book open on appropriate page, sulking when I never receive circled gifts.

Shaky Thu 08-Nov-12 22:33:13

State the price of Freddos is outrageous.

But I can remember when a bag of chips was 25p and crisps cost 10p.

But I am old now.

25p for chips, its bloody £1.50 here for a small!

No ones helping me in chat <whines>

I'm watching the inbetweeners film, I feel old.

Shaky Thu 08-Nov-12 22:41:52

OI, you lot! While we have been gallivanting on the unknown thread, people have noticed us and we might be getting visitors soon!

I'll be getting the dust buster out again in the morning, not now though, I'm too comfy under this duvet. <sets alarm for 9.00 after I have taken ds to nursery>.

It's a good job this is a new shiny thread, won't take long to spruce up. and not my place which is still covered in cobwebs from Halloween

This thread is not accepting new messages.