Nearly New Children Sales

(8 Posts)
octaviarose Sat 05-Oct-13 21:32:07

Does anyone have any experience of running anything like this and making any sort of profit at all from it?

WingDefence Sun 06-Oct-13 10:03:54

There's a very successful one run by a preschool near me in a village hall and they take 20% of all takings. I'm setting a similar one up (but for all types of items, not just children's) to benefit my village preschool (only 15%).

I'm happy to give you an outline of how we do it but I think part of the success of these events is the fact that a cut goes to a worthwhile cause as opposed to making a 'profit' for an individual.

octaviarose Sun 06-Oct-13 13:25:49

Thank you so much for your response WingDefence. Yes the only reason to make a profit for us it so we can pass it on to our named Charity which is chosen by our best friend who lost his young brother very suddenly in August.

Any info would be gratefully received I have a little army here all really keen to help but would also like it to be a success!

Thank you.

WingDefence Mon 07-Oct-13 12:21:28

Okay - I am going to the successful one tonight actually, so I'll update you tomorrow/Wed when I'll have more than 2 mins to send you a proper response smile

ninipops Mon 07-Oct-13 13:39:34

Ok this is totally not what it sounded like from the title!

octaviarose Mon 07-Oct-13 19:59:19

Hope you had a super time WingDefence!

WingDefence Tue 08-Oct-13 10:02:36

It was CRAZY! I shall PM you as soon as I can today/tomorrow smile

WingDefence Thu 10-Oct-13 19:44:30

octaviarose I've PM'd you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now