Help! Ideas needed! Pleeaaasssseee!

(14 Posts)
Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:02:45

Hello
I've recently started making personalised jute bags, the ones with people painted on them. I set up my Facebook page in July and that's not going too bad, I've had a few orders and everyone has been really happy with them. I also put them on eBay but I have only sold 1 on there. Does anyone have any ideas as to where else I could advertise my bags ? Xx

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:05:26

Can you have a stall at a craft fair and take orders? Have a digital camera handy maybe?

Could you send one to a fashion blogger like they did in the Cambridge Stachels advert?

[sucker]

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:10:33

I had thought of this but wasn't sure if its something people would want to do. I don't take payment until the bag is complete and ready for postage/ collection so that shouldn't put people off. Do you think people would pre order from a craft fair ? I'd definately give it a go smile thanks smile x

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:11:49

Ooh that idea had never crossed my mind ! I am doing one for a charity event but I will look into doing that smile thank you smile xx

Cheddars Tue 03-Sep-13 00:14:58

Your local cafes/shops might be interested in displaying them. Especially if they got some kind of commission for it.

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:16:50

It would be good if your stall had something else to sell there and then too - could you team up with a crafty friend and share the cost and custom?

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:17:03

That's another I hadn't thought of, although I wouldn't be able to offer much commission as I don't make a great deal on each bag at the moment smile thank you for your help xx

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:18:17

Or bags with other things painted on, patterns etc

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:18:53

Ive just made a fairy door for my children and some novelty shaped crayons so I suppose I could make some more of those for a stall ? smile

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 00:20:14

What kind of patterns do you think people would like to see ? I was thinking about halloween bags, Xmas bags .... Xx

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:28:08

Um, I like flowers and stars smile

ModeratelyObvious Tue 03-Sep-13 00:28:58

But maybe popular pets like dogs and horses?

Jaynie83 Tue 03-Sep-13 13:25:59

Thank you so much for your help! Ill be having a hi at these ideas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now