Hypnobirth trainer - should I?

(5 Posts)
Trying2bMindful Sun 04-Aug-13 00:16:20

Thank you. That is a great way of looking at it... Ie the skill is in connecting with the local birthing community.
Cheers. Food for thought.

Treagues Tue 30-Jul-13 10:35:02

Sorry - 'You take from it what you want, there will be a lot of leaps of logic.'

Treagues Tue 30-Jul-13 10:34:17

You can 'train' to do this in a weekend, it costs a few hundred pounds. You take from it

Obviously find out how many people are providing a service locally.

The skills really lie in your ability to connect to the so-called 'birthing community', get known, get your name out there with the local midwives and doulas, build a good website and respond well to inquiries and bookings. Be canny in finding venues to run the classes. Think up pathways for keeping in touch with parents, add-on classes and products. This is how you make money: the original hypnobirthing class might even be a loss-leader initially once you factor in venue costs, travel and the cost of the original training.

In a way you have to create demand by presenting a good product and being easy to contact. It's really not a given that your competitors will be managing to do that.

Wearytiger Tue 30-Jul-13 10:28:07

Do you know a number of recent or expectant parents? Can you send them an online survey (I think survey monkey is free) and ask them to fill it out? I would try to include some indicative pricing. This won't be a very scientific survey but might be sufficient to rule it out before you invest your time or money, at least.

Trying2bMindful Sun 28-Jul-13 23:45:30

We had lessons from a hypnobirthing teacher to prepare for the arrival of our LO. I am now considering training in it too. However how do I find out if there is enough demand for this service before I spend the money?!
Sorry for such a basic question but I really have no clue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now