Business idea...now what?

(7 Posts)
thistlelicker Tue 30-Jul-13 08:38:37

I personally wouldn't buy a second and seat as u can prove /guarantee that's its not been tampered with or involve with impact. Sorry

DayOldCheesecake Tue 30-Jul-13 08:35:20

Of course you're allowed to buy & sell second hand car-seats, it's just you're "advised" not to.

GW297 Mon 29-Jul-13 23:08:06

Are you allowed to recycle them then - what if it transpired one had been in an accident? Can you conduct safety tests to 'prove' it's safe? I think it's a good idea in theory, but perhaps quite a few legal issues...? I don't know enough about it, but happy to learn from your expertise for future reference. Good luck!

Englishgirlinwales22 Mon 29-Jul-13 22:32:12

That's the point gw297- what happens to the car seats once you have finished with them? I don't propose to sell second and car seats, just recycle tem safely and give a money off voucher for the next size up if they buy from my website. Think mazooma for car seats!

mpb123 Mon 29-Jul-13 21:34:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

GW297 Mon 29-Jul-13 00:28:15

I thought you weren't allowed to sell used car seats incase they had been involved in an accident but I might be wrong?

Englishgirlinwales22 Sat 27-Jul-13 00:22:18

I have recently returned to work after maternity leave and have quickly realised I would rather work for myself. I have an idea for a business recycling car seats and offering vouchers to buy the next stage car seat. I understand that I would probably have to get manufacturers, suppliers etc on board and have no real idea how to go about recycling the car seats ATM, but wondered if people thought it was a good idea...would you buy a car seat from somewhere offering to recycle your old one in return for money off coupons for the next stage car seat you need?
All feedback gratefully received

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now