Taking the Business idea forward

(3 Posts)
Jax2218 Thu 06-Dec-12 00:21:25

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can answer this. I have come up with an idea for a product that requires different children's crafts. I have tried to find manufacturers in the UK, however they are predominately in China. Feeling nervous about going down that road to start with, would it be better to buy wholesale until I have a better idea how the business will move forward??

Thank you

Jackie

ethelb Thu 06-Dec-12 17:52:36

I think we need to know what the alternatives to buying wholesale are? Plus i dont know what you mean by 'requires childrens crafts'. Do you mean materials?

webstuff Tue 12-Feb-13 20:48:04

In my experience gained from running an eCommerce business if what you need is available wholesale then it's best to try that first as you can get much smaller quantities than if you manufacture yourself in China, plus you can be more sure of the quality. Also gives you more time to focus on the rest of the business startup. If you can prove the market exists and you think you can sell large quantities and make more money if you manufacture yourself (perhaps through wholesaling your idea yourself) then it's the time to start thinking about manufacturing./

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now