Is this potentially a new form of bullying?

(8 Posts)
sandraaet Sun 09-Feb-14 16:14:16

Hello, are you aware of the extremely dangerous latest craze being spread via Facebook?
'Necknomination' is already claiming the lives of easily influenced young people; should parents/carers speak with their youngsters to alert them of the dangers at the risk of actually making them aware of this?
This is scary stuff... https://www.facebook.com/groups/500792993365197/?fref=ts

Honeysweet Sun 09-Feb-14 16:17:53

I think that there was a thread about this last week.
But am happy to bump.

insancerre Sun 09-Feb-14 16:19:58

young people have been doing similiar stuff for decades and will do for years to come
it is a passing craze
they don't have to take it to the extreme

Innogen Sun 09-Feb-14 16:23:30

It's not bullying. Everybody seems to be a willing participant.

This is one of four posts that you've written, and the other three are all similar. Are you worried on a personal level (e.g. about a young relative) or researching an article?

Honeysweet Sun 09-Feb-14 16:39:45

This thread has made me think that people who follow sheep like are sometimes heavily influenced into doing something they would rather not do, to fit in with a crowd.

sandraaet Sun 09-Feb-14 17:00:45

Thanks for responses. This may not be 'new' however the speed of the spread of the 'craze' due to social media is now of concern. The peer pressure and peer preference elements of this cannot be ignored but I worry that the 'loner' seeking attention does open the door for potential cyberbullying.

I have commented further on one of your other threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now