My boobs are soooo much smaller!

(75 Posts)
likessleep Sun 16-Nov-08 19:33:00

I gave up breastfeeding a couple of months ago, after 11 months of feeding DS.
I knew that feeding would affect the look of my breasts, but they are now an 'A' cup (used to be B/C) and I assume this is permanent? Also, if I feed any future children, are they likely to shrink more? sad
I know quite an unimportant question, but just trying to manage my expectatations here. Any other experiences/tales very welcome.
Thanks muchly!

Achhhh I have the same problem. Befor having kids I was a 36 B/C then during pregnancy my boobs went to 36 D which I loved!!! I breast fed ds for a week and gradually my boobs went back to normal although I would say they were actually a little bigger.
Then a few months later I fell pg with dd. By the end of the pg my boobs hadnt really got any bigger but my whole body was covered in stretch marks in contrast to the previous pg of having none. My boobs were covered too.... I dont know if this effected them. I bf dd for a week or so and then stopped. My boobs are now totally pathetic! They are saggy, empty, they feel like they need filling and my nipples have gone massive!!! I would say now they are about a 36 A maybe a B at a push. they look stupid and totally out of preportion with the rest of my body and I feel quite self concious about them. Im hoping that time will sort them out but Im not holding my breath. dd is now 5 months and they havnt imporoved so I will just have to go buy some majorly padded bra's lol!!!

fifibb Tue 18-Nov-08 13:52:08

Sorry to be another bearer of bad tidings but mine have shrunk and sagged beyond redemption after bf-ing dd for a year. i have no regrets about bf-ing but am still constantly shocked at how crap they've become. if i had the money and courage, i'd give them a surgical boost

OrmIrian Tue 18-Nov-08 13:55:02

Mine are smaller. But I'm pleased about that. They weren't huge to start with so haven't really sagged too much.

katiechops Tue 18-Nov-08 14:09:00

I breast fed DD until she was 6 months and my boods have gone from a 34B/C to 34A. She's now 2.2 and they still haven't plumped out again. Makes me very sad

katiechops Tue 18-Nov-08 14:09:29

That should be boobs, not boods grin

drivingmebatty Tue 18-Nov-08 14:18:22

Bottle feeder over here two dc and now have two pitta breads where my boobs used to be to show for it! shock

Were never big to begin with but now they just hang, deffinately stretching in pregnancy that did it. grin

Ekka Tue 18-Nov-08 17:38:02

jujumaman our nct group had a mix of bf and bottle feeders & we've all had the same issue... Guess what our conversations still centre round - but it does wonders in clearing the cafe so there is room for our dcs to run around grin (the conversation about saggy norks that is, not the norks themselves hmm). No idea when/if they'll go back to what they were before as I'm currently bf dc2 & have been pg/bf for over 2 yrs now. Think there may be no hope for mine wink

likessleep Tue 18-Nov-08 19:11:35

Thank you so much for your posts, lol at quite a few. I am not sure what to conclude though, some are bigger, some are smaller. All I can do is just keep everything crossed that I go a little plumper in time grin ... if all else fails I just keep having children ... constantly! I am trying to find a Christmas party dress at the moment and it is soooo annoying how they all make me look so flat chested and out of proportion. Hey ho.

I do need to go and get measured again, as none of my bras fit me and get some seriously padded ones.

notnowbernard Tue 18-Nov-08 19:35:13

padded is the way to go

I always wear a padded bra now (never used to) to prevent that gapey bit between bra and top of boob

Gives you a much better shape

elsiepiddock Tue 18-Nov-08 19:39:09

Give it 6 months, they will improve. Mine went back to a perky 32C after feeding both dcs.

MrsPickles Tue 18-Nov-08 19:40:12

I pray mine will reinflate. 32B/C before, 34DD during pregnancy, 34F(!!) after birth. Breastfed for 16m, during which they settled down to 32DD which I LOVED. GAve up 3 months ago & they have shrunk to a pathetic 32A/B. So saggy & just no firnmness to them. I really do hope they recover a bit!

likessleep I'm feeling your pain too.

Mine went up to a glorious 34E and are now shrinking back towards an A cup. A life of halternecks and wonderbras awaits...

elsiepiddock Tue 18-Nov-08 19:41:25

Btw, one of my friends only bottle fed and her boobs have gone completely tragic (her words) and droopy.

So it's not necessarily bfing that causes it.

MrsTittleMouse Tue 18-Nov-08 19:47:55

How long does it take for boobs to settle down post BFing? Our plan is to wait until I'm done feeding DD2 and then I'll lose some weight and get generally fitter, and then we'll blow a load of money on nice underwear. So I want to make sure that I'll fit the lovely underwear long term!

notnowbernard Tue 18-Nov-08 19:50:33

I also believe it's pregnancy that causes the boob shrinkage not bf

nooka Tue 18-Nov-08 20:08:23

I think mine were done in by rather too abrupt weaning, because they swelled up like balloons for a week or two. I have an eight and a nine year old and my breasts are very sad and saggy (and tiny, but they were always pretty small). They have lots of stretch marks on them too. However dh says they are nice and soft, so I guess that's one consolation!

My sister on the other hand says hers are better than before, so I guess it just varies. I tend to carry very little weight on top, and lost about a stone after dd, so that had an impact too.

33k Tue 18-Nov-08 21:31:15

Anyone share my problem? DS (and I) favoured one side more than the other and now I have one boob a good size bigger than the other. It is very noticeable. Still BF and pregnant again so unlikely to recover any time soon?!?!

RamblingRosa Wed 19-Nov-08 08:53:58

Mine were a 30DD - 30E before. Went up to 32G while pg. Stayed at about 32F while breastfeeding. Just stopped bfing in the last month and they're going through the sad, deflated, stage but they're back to the size they started out (30DD ish). I don't really want them to get any bigger but i could do with them looking a bit less sad

Lizzzombie Wed 19-Nov-08 09:25:55

I've had the total opposite of the OP.
I started at a 32 FF, went up to a 34K and, LO is nearly 2 now, I stopped BFing at 8 months, and am still a 32GG/G - thats 2 or 3 sizes bigger than I was before I got pg!
I'm terrified of getting pg again, and having enormousnorkage again!

Lizzzombie Wed 19-Nov-08 09:27:21

33K Some women can be up to 4 sizes different on each side. Hardly anyone is totally symmetrical. Most people are a cup or half out on each side.

jujumaman Wed 19-Nov-08 10:56:25

Glad to hear it's pregnancy not bf to blame.

Can anyone recommend the best place to get bras fitted? Apart from Rigby & Peller, which I know often gets mentioned here, too £££.

RamblingRosa Wed 19-Nov-08 13:41:49

Where do you live Jujumaman? Bravissimo is quite good if you're busty (I think they only do D cup and upwards). John Lewis is pretty good at measuring too. Avoid M&S like the plague though!

jujumaman Wed 19-Nov-08 14:09:56

Sadly, Rambling, I am the opposite of busty - thanks to bfing! sad (Or pregnancy, whatever). Think a trip to John Lewis is the answer. Thanks

Bluebutterfly Wed 19-Nov-08 14:48:33

I was an A before bfing, went up to a C/D when pg/bfing and shrank to a B, so larger than before even after losing the baby weight. But not pert - A cup wasn't that bad when they were really pert, but a slightly saggy B cup actually doesn't look as nice sad.

Bluebutterfly Wed 19-Nov-08 14:54:15

For slightly saggy post-baby breasts you need lightly padded underwired bras to give you the lift that you are missing! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now