Comfort milk and increased hunger?

(7 Posts)
flowerpotgirl12 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:53:05

Hiya, joy love is 5 weeks today and our gp suggested we change his milk to atapmil comfort for his constipation and colick, had been on colief before on the newborn milk. I changed him today and he is eating his bottles really quickly and in one go,meh inch he never normally did but he seems to be hungrier, he was going 3hrs between feeds and with the same amount is now only lasting 2 hrs. Has anyone experienced this?

flowerpotgirl12 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:53:48

Joy love? My lo! Stupid iPad

ExBrightonBell Wed 26-Feb-14 20:23:01

I haven't formula fed, but my understanding is that the "comfort" formulas are supposed to be easier to digest. So I suppose that this might be making him hungrier quicker.

Or he could be about to grow and just hungrier! There's not much you can do either way other than to go with it.

Smitten1981 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:29:51

I found the opposite. It made my little one sleep for ages. It makes their poo stink terribly by the way!

flowerpotgirl12 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:21:01

Thanks, although not sure about it yet, as lo has spent last 1.5 hours crying which he hasn't done since being on colief, does anyone know if I can add to the comfort milk?

Smitten1981 Thu 27-Feb-14 23:52:33

I think so, I was using Infacol and Gaviscon with one.

Smitten1981 Thu 27-Feb-14 23:52:50

Mine, not one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now