are those pads for sore nipples any good? are they called hydrogel pads

(40 Posts)

Really sore on the left side

actually had to express the lwft breast today as was too sore to bf direct ly

using lanolin atm

BlackberrySeason Tue 29-Oct-13 21:44:36

You could definitely try. If it is a cafe la Leche they should have them.

You can also get both on amazon and I've just found at least one second hand copy of each on eBay if you want to try that too.

well i don't know if there is a lll group , but i have found out theres a drop in baby cafe type place where you can go for help or simply somewhere baby friendly to feed
perhaps they would have those books

BlackberrySeason Tue 29-Oct-13 19:17:22

Ooh sounds good, white! If there is a local LLL group anywhere near you they will lend the books to you as each group has a little library. All will have the Womanly Art and I would think quite a lot would have the Food of Love. Brilliantly reassuring that all is normal when it comes to things like growth spurts and introducing solids at 6 months.

Hey, just wanted to let you know ds got weighed again

He is still gaining and now he's doing really wellsmile

I will see if my local library has those books

BlackberrySeason Sun 27-Oct-13 19:15:18

Here for not hear got blush

BlackberrySeason Sun 27-Oct-13 19:14:48

I think that having a newborn does that smile

Please use this thread to keep posting if you want to. We are all hear got support if needed.

Have you got a nice bf book? They are soooo reassuring. My two faves are the LLL one - the womanly art of bf and the other one by a mum - the food of love.

Oh yeah that makes sense now

my brian is still slightly fried

BlackberrySeason Sun 27-Oct-13 17:19:25

All sounds really great, white smile

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I meant that it's great you didn't need to use nipple shields and that the compresses are working so well.

Thankyou kippy

KippyVonKipperson Sun 27-Oct-13 14:12:49

Really glad it's going well x

Thanks blackberry
smile
I'm not actually using nipple shields, by pads I Ment those multi mam compresses
For soreness
They have helped me a lot

Ds seemscontentafter feeds feels like he's getting heavier and only having one ff at night which I don't really mind

Thanks so much for taking the timetohelpme well us
So nice of you

BlackberrySeason Sun 27-Oct-13 07:41:32

White that does sound much better - really glad to hear you are less sore, you've been able to do without the ff and baby seems to be gaining well - great result and no need to worry about trying to get baby off any nipple shields.

Hi blackberry smile things are going much easier now

Still using the pads on the left side, doesn't hurt much at all now hardly anything, and the right doesn't at all

Ds is getting weighed on tue so hopefully he's still gaining, me and dh think he is

And got him right down on the formula to just one bottle before bed

So seems to be a lot better

BlackberrySeason Fri 25-Oct-13 19:41:23

How are things now? Hoping much better smile

Well shes already looked at the latch once. I text her to say its gojng a bit better and the pads are helpjng the soreness and that if its nit betterbin a couple of days I will call for help

think I just need to be patient when getting him on

BlackberrySeason Wed 23-Oct-13 15:26:52

Glad it's less sore smile

Anyone come to have a look at the latch yet? I know you were waiting for the bf counsellor to come back to you.

Wow
Those multi mam compresses are really good
Thanks for telling me about them

Just managed to bf off the left hand side
And it was painful but not as painful as it was

I think the multi mam compreses are helping as they don't feel so sore

I'm actually expressing off that side tonight in the hope I can give it chance to heal

And I hope I can talk to the bfc tomorrow

BlackberrySeason Tue 22-Oct-13 19:38:21

Poor you hmm Better to keep feeding from the sore one tbh as the expressing is more likely to hurt the breast tissue than feeding. Once latch is sorted they will heal very quickly.

Can I suggest you can the LLL helpline now for a bit of RL moral support and advice? They are open in the evenings and will definitely help you.

Thenumberjacksareontheirway Tue 22-Oct-13 19:31:58

You poor thing sad

I had a very sore nipple that turned out to be infected- antibiotic cream (from doc), jelonet and lasinoh (plus expressing from that side) healed it in a few days.

Kellymom has some good info on nipple healing.

Also my nipple is bleeding slightly and tonight I actually could take off my bra because my nipple had stuuck to it
so I had to sort of soak it off in the bath

Could only get multimam compresses today in my local boots got them on now

think they are helping

im windering if I should expreas from the left breast for a day or two until it heals

the bf counsellor didnt pick up so I left a message then sge called me back while I was out and she left me a message

so hopefully I will be able to talk to her tomorrow

BlackberrySeason Tue 22-Oct-13 19:14:34

What did she think, white?

Hope you are a little less sore today.

gruber Tue 22-Oct-13 09:24:06

Multi mam compresses were the only thing that helped me, like shatter said. I used them for about 6 weeks. But I agree you need to speak to bf counsellor about latch, DS latch on the left was terrible and not until I sorted that did they heal. Sorry you're in pain.

BlackberrySeason Tue 22-Oct-13 09:18:58

Good plan white and please keep us posted. Lots of support on here for you if you need it. Once latch is sorted the pain should go and then all should be much easier.

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now