Ebm in this warm weather

(7 Posts)
Fluffeh Sun 14-Jul-13 09:46:21

Yesterday I took a couple of bottles if BM to a BBQ for DD in an insulated bottle bag. They were fresh from the fridge and expressed that morning.
They were together in the bag and were kept out of direct sun/heat.
Around 3 hours after arriving I got one out to give her but it looked curdled, full of little lumps. The other was the same.
Did I do something wrong? I thought I'd followed the guidelines properly.
I usually take it out with us in the same way and I've never had problems before. Could it be my milk is going weird?
Thanks for any help/suggestions smile.

DoItTooJulia Sun 14-Jul-13 11:32:54

Was it curdled or just separated? Mine used to separate a lot, but I had never seen it curdle! Someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly I reckon!

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Sun 14-Jul-13 11:35:37

Mine separated in the fridge all the time. Maybe the layers have been mixed up and look curdled?

Fluffeh Sun 14-Jul-13 21:14:31

It definitely looked curdled. Lots of limps in varying sizes.
Today's has been fine though. Maybe it was just the temperature yesterday?

did you have ice packs in the bottle bag too to help keep the milk cool?

Havingkittens Sun 14-Jul-13 22:24:04

I think mine as been a bit like this too. Could be because BM is more watery in this climate. Perhaps the fattier parts of the milk aren't mixing as well. As human milk isn't homogenised it doesn't stay mixed like the milk we buy. I think the difference in textures is more noticeable at the moment. Have you tried giving it a good shake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now