Hands Free bottle feeding - what are your views?

(28 Posts)
shopndrop5 Sun 16-Jun-13 14:03:14

Hi everyone I'm a complete newbie so please bare with me. This is my first post and first baby and it feels like there's a million decisions to make! confused

One that I'm really stumped with is the idea of the hands free baby feeding system from Podee.

www.podee.com/

It looks like a great idea and says it helps with colic and winding etc. I have a friend of a friend who swears by them but there really isn't much in the way of reviews online, not even on Which?

As far as I know I'm not having a multiple pregnancy and I don't even know what I'm doing about breast feed, bottle feed, breast milk in bottle as I'm only 9 weeks!! blush I'm a Virgo and a nutter for research so I'd really like to know people's opinions on this so what do you all think?

Thanks for your time.

Chunderella Mon 17-Jun-13 22:34:26

Formula fed babies do get more ear infections. But despite what is often claimed it is not possible to sufficiently control for what you might call social class factors to tell whether its the formula or the poverty doing it. Educated guesswork is the best anyone can do, given the tiny number of ebf babies in the 'lowest' social classes and the impact of inequality as well as poverty on health.

And yes OP don't buy that thing. All babies deserve a cuddle when they get fed! And you'll probably find you don't want them to go without it. Virtually all babies in this country are fed with a bottle at some point, whether formula or ebm or both, and hardly any parents have this device. You'll be fine without it.

TheSecondComing Mon 17-Jun-13 22:37:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NeedlesCuties Tue 18-Jun-13 09:28:16

thesecond I agree! My mum gets really cross about it and tuts loudly when we're out and about and see it blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now