How to stay awake during night feeds part 10!

(626 Posts)
abi2790 Mon 20-May-13 07:12:20

Brand new thread grin

SoYo Thu 11-Jul-13 02:57:30

Hi all. Miss went down at 21.30 then just as I was tucking into my Thai takeaway 20 mins later she was wailing. Back down at 22.30 but I didn't go to bed until 23.55 and now I'm stingy eyed!

lazzaroo Thu 11-Jul-13 08:12:25

Thanks for reassurance. She's managing to drink a little out of a sippy cup so she'll be kept hydrated. I was hoping by now to have reliably swapped at least one feed for cup feed but she doesn't have any pattern o her feeding really and my constant tiredness has meant taking the path of least resistance at all times I.e boob!!

Didn't have a very good night last night. It's all a bit of a blur!!

larle hope lo has decided to like the cot now. It really made a difference for us when baby lazza stayed all night in hers....if you can count till 4.30 as all night!

soyo know how you feel. Could happily remove my eyes with blunt sticks this morning wink

SoYo Thu 11-Jul-13 09:28:44

Urgh. Not a good night. Hourly feeds after that first one. Haven't done that for a while! Sicky, jet lag feeling this morning. Bleugh.

beaver33 Thu 11-Jul-13 10:50:50

lazza so know what you mean about it being a bit of a blur overnight. Genuinely no idea what happened last night, except I know she slept 9 to 1.30 and then I did 3 feeds after that. She slept on me from 6 onwards. Weary today.

Now she's having a clingy/hungry day and keeps wanting to feed but falling asleep on the boob, and then screaming when I take her off. Sigh. It's gonna be a loooong day, and I'm supposed to be getting dressed to meet a friend for lunch. Which means getting on a train. Losing the will...

beaver33 Fri 12-Jul-13 01:02:13

Oh dear - first feed at 12.40. This could be a long night.

grainmum Fri 12-Jul-13 03:34:32

Hi, was on a few weeks ago. DS is 4 weeks today. He has been feeding now since 12.30!

SoYo Fri 12-Jul-13 05:31:16

Hi Beaver and Grain, we had the bedtime from hell with a complete fail at 8pm where I tried for 90mins and she just looked at me smiling and then screamed when put down and then she screamed blue murder for an hour and then finally went down (after I fed her lying down and did sneaky transfer from bed to cot) at 11pm.....but she woke up 20mins ago! That's the longest stretch for about 8 weeks!

lazzaroo Fri 12-Jul-13 07:23:02

Terrible night here. For some reason (probably because she knows I have to go to work this morning & is forming an evil plan!) baby lazza decided she would NOT settle for anyone but me last night. She didn't want feeding but was not happy for DH to rock her. She screamed, until she got me! I hope it's not the start of separation anxiety!

Still, I'm up & getting ready for work. Can barely see or walk straight but hey! Maybe I can just wear sunglasses and hope no-one notices e sleeping standing up! wink

larlemucker Fri 12-Jul-13 08:01:49

Morning all.
So tired! Baby larle getting better at sleeping in cot in the evening but wakes when we go to bed. Going to try him in his own room tonight and see if that makes any difference.
Went into work yest morn, go back on Monday hmmhmm it's only 4 and a half days though and then off for 6 weeks.
Managed to get Friday off too so 3 day weekend come sep!!! Woo hoo!!!

Did the next sale yest and spent a fortune! Not sure whether to go to the store tomorrow too!!!

lazzaroo Fri 12-Jul-13 19:38:50

Did my morning at work today and baby lazza survived! My mum was a bit frazzled by the time I got home but all okay! don't go back till Sept so back to concentrating on mummy stuff for a while.

Hoping for a better night tonight as my eyes are hurting already! Waiting for fish & chips to be delivered then early night....crazy Fri night!

SoYo Sat 13-Jul-13 00:57:15

Glad the working days have gone well. It's a strange night here. I put madam to bed at 8 as she was looking tired & as usual she was back awake within 30mins. I fed her again until bursting and managed to get her back down at 9.30 and she woke for a feed 45mins ago. This in itself is fine but I can't get her back to sleep, which is a problem I haven't had with the night feeds for a while now. Boo! I was hoping it was one we were done with for good. I'm sitting watching her thrash around the cot in the vain hope she just drifts off <kids self>

larlemucker Sat 13-Jul-13 02:50:16

Oh god baby larle been attached to boob all night, nipple now sore.
Screams whenever he comes off, so tired and back to work on mon how will I cope on so little sleep??

lazzaroo Sat 13-Jul-13 09:02:10

Rough night here too guys. Would only settle for me again & also can't rely on feed sending her to sleep anymore. Another growth spurt larle? teething? Let's be honest....we'll never really know will we?!

larlemucker Sat 13-Jul-13 20:07:35

Why do we have to have a heat wave when I'm due back at work???

SoYo Sat 13-Jul-13 20:33:12

Larle hopefully it'll start to cool down then & sleep will improve. MiniYoisnt enjoying the weather at all, is feeding constantly & I'm struggling to keep hydrated. Gone are the days of baking in the sunshine with a G&T!

larlemucker Sun 14-Jul-13 08:02:23

Not too bad a night last night.
1 more sleep till I'm back at work though hmm

Of to a country fair today with my DSIS, BIL, niece and DDAD. Big family day out!!

Hope everyone's well

SoYo Sun 14-Jul-13 13:08:51

Glad you got a better night Larle, have a good day. X

SoYo Sun 14-Jul-13 13:09:50

In my head I thought I was writing a text to DH there, hence the kiss! That'll teach for me for trying to do one thing & think about something else!

beaver33 Sun 14-Jul-13 14:58:28

So, guess what? Last night was DD's best to date. Went down at 9.30 and only fed once - ONCE - at 2.45. But the bitter irony is that, because it was my birthday, I had expressed enough milk so DH could do the night feeds for a change. Lucky bugger got off ridiculously lightly... Grump, grump.

larlemucker Sun 14-Jul-13 17:09:40

Always the way beaver!!

Don't worry soyo, I have done that before and then deleted the x!!!!

Fab day today, had a lovely picnic in the sun. Saw the finish of the hound trailing, DH had a go with an air rifle. Dniece did some archery. And even better, DDAD paid for us to get in and bought us an ice cream!!!

Back to work tomorrow hmmhmmhmmhmm

lazzaroo Sun 14-Jul-13 20:47:00

Good luck for return to work larle

larlemucker Sun 14-Jul-13 21:30:17

Packed lunch done, breast pump packed up and in bed for an early night.

Soooooo don't want to go back to work hmm

SoYo Sun 14-Jul-13 21:31:26

Good luck Larle, I'll send the carrier pigeon your way with some sleepy dust!

SoYo Mon 15-Jul-13 01:17:42

Worst night for a very long time here. 4hrs in & I still haven't got her down. Now we're both a sobbing mess.

larlemucker Mon 15-Jul-13 12:23:29

At work expressing, boobs enormous!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now