How to stay awake during night feeds part 10!

(626 Posts)
abi2790 Mon 20-May-13 07:12:20

Brand new thread grin

SoYo Sun 07-Jul-13 20:09:28

I'm here! Been away at a wedding for the weekend, don't worry I certainly haven't graduated!!!

How are all the babies coping in the hot weather? DD is not loving it. Really grumpy and feeding every couple of hours or so.

larlemucker Sun 07-Jul-13 21:30:07

Have really shit Internet access in hol cottage, sorry!!

Baby larle having a lovely holiday, bit warm for him tho.
Lost the bonnie baby comp today, a little boy called Rex won thought Rex was a dogs name, seriously who calls a kid Rex?(sorry if anyone of you has a Rex) <hoiks up judgy pants>

SoYo Sun 07-Jul-13 22:12:58

Did he have a nice wet nose and a lovely shiny coat? dons hard hat and ducks

lazzaroo Mon 08-Jul-13 12:43:09

Sorry to be terribly selfish but...thank god! Was beginning to think I was the only one still up in the early hours! wink

Still on one wake up here most nights but then awake ridiculously early...like 4.30 this morning! Okay when DH here but not so much when he's away...like for the next 2 days!

Heat not good! Dd2 not able to sleep for long in the day so cat napping through the day. Dd1 woke last night for first time in ages. Pretty sure that was the heat. Nice to be able to get out and about in the day though smile.

Anypants Mon 08-Jul-13 19:16:12

Sorry all - have to admit i've not had to get up for almost two weeks now. Am continuing to lurk though, in case it doesn't last. I shall bring a nice key lime pie if I join you tonight grin

larlemucker Mon 08-Jul-13 20:28:59

Oh god it's 27 degrees in our bedroom. How do I co-sleep when it's so hot????

SoYo Mon 08-Jul-13 22:24:04

Yep same in ours Larle, I don't envy you co-sleeping, madam got stuck to my boob just feeding her! She's extra thirsty too so feeding every couple of hours. Not much fun overnight!

SoYo Mon 08-Jul-13 22:24:52

Oh and well done for graduating Any, feel free to throw any tips our way! I'm very envy

SoYo Tue 09-Jul-13 01:59:38

And we're up. It's just so bloody hot here & the heavy blackout curtains stop any breeze (but keep madam in bed longer).

lazzaroo Tue 09-Jul-13 03:51:05

We're up too. Fed at 11 and has just woken again now. Last night & tonight she's had dirty nappy so that's the latest problem. Changed & feeding but wide awake....and hot!! Dd1 was awake earlier too, so all in all a rubbish night!

lazzaroo Tue 09-Jul-13 05:34:46

Got her back to sleep again at 4.30am. Awake again now so we're up....but my eyes hurt...a lot!

larlemucker Tue 09-Jul-13 08:25:32

Well baby larle slept in a vest last night, at stupid o'clock this morning I put a pair of leggings on him.
He fed a lot last night, I'm knackered

beaver33 Tue 09-Jul-13 16:09:27

Me too! Little beaver was up every hour and a half last night, on top of me only getting 3 (broken up) hours sleep the previous night. Urgh. Exhausted. No napping during the day either.

She just had 8 week jabs this morning, with the new rotovirus oral vaccine. I read it could cause an upset stomach because it contains the live virus, and my poor lamb has just spent the afternoon v uncomfortable, properly screaming and squirting lots of liquidy poos! Hoping she doesn't get dehydrated now (time to prepare for a mammary marathon).

Sigh. Just what I need in this heat. Am longingly staring out of the window at the sunshine, pale and pasty as a ghost.

lazzaroo Tue 09-Jul-13 18:54:09

beaver, that sounds horrible. Hope no nasty side effects this evening.

Bit cooler tonight....just 27 degrees in babylazza's room!

SoYo Tue 09-Jul-13 19:13:59

Oh Beaver that sounds horrid. Hope you're both ok & it doesn't carry on overnight!

Madam was up 1.30, 3, 5.30 & 7. What a thirsty girl! I've bought a fan for the room today so fingers crossed for better tonight!

SoYo Tue 09-Jul-13 21:41:35

We've already had one bedtime fail. Had all the tired signs at 8 but hen I started feeding her he kept breaking off to grin & giggle at me. I'm trying again now but she's just whinging & punching my boobs. If only I could just put her down & her fall asleep without screaming the place down. I've seen other babies do it so I know it is possible, just not in this house it seems!

larlemucker Tue 09-Jul-13 22:22:33

Not in this house either soyo!!! I don't believe it really happens!!

Baby larle would not go to sleep tonight. Went to bed at 7, up 10 mins later and played etc until now!! It doesn't help that he has taken to punching himself in the head when feeding so he can't go to sleep.

Anyone else's DS grab their willy the min their nappy comes off??

lazzaroo Wed 10-Jul-13 00:47:23

Up for first feed since she went to bed at 7pm. She's normally straight back to sleep after feed but nt tonight. Have rocked er back to sleep but she keeps waking when I put her down .have just leftvher to it for a few minutes in the hope of some miracle! All quiet at the moment...but dare I lie down!?

We don't self settle either and it only happened with dd1 after some sleep training. Can't remember how old she was but I remember it got to a point where we were exhausted and then ill. Took 3 days but she went from being rocked every night to self settling with no tears. Might have to go down that route again if things don't change in there own time.

Right, she's getting in a flap so third time lucky!.....

SoYo Wed 10-Jul-13 03:05:40

First feed here since 10.15 started 15mins ago so not too bad, definite improvement since last night. I think the fan was a good purchase as I've managed some sleep in this baking heat too!

lazzaroo Wed 10-Jul-13 04:59:34

We're up for the day. She had another quick feed at about 3am. The night wakings combined with 5am start is a killer. DH back this evening thank god!

SoYo Wed 10-Jul-13 07:17:45

I don't know how you do it Lazza! I know we have a much later bedtime than you (as madam refuses to sleep until she's ready which is usually after 9pm) but after 5/6 when she refuses to go back in the cot she's always happy for a couple of hours lying down feeding/co-sleeping. You're doing amazingly just to be functioning!

lazzaroo Wed 10-Jul-13 08:26:30

Thanks soyo, I often wonder myself how we've all survived by the end of the day! smile. It's amazing what we mum's are capable of when we have to!

Have thought about trying to push babylazza's bedtime back but she's always ready to sleep by 7pm & settles easily. Probably as she's knackered by then....as am I! Plus dd1 was an early riser for ages and when we tried later bedtime with her she still woke early but was just extra grumpy!!

I think one of her top teeth might be on it's way soon too. Oh joy!

Have a good day all.

lazzaroo Wed 10-Jul-13 21:30:04

Having a bit of a panic....going to work Fri. It's only half a day, but I'll be away for 4-5hours. That's the longest I've done. She still won't take a bottle & drinking from cup is a bit hit & miss. My mum is having her & DH will be on hand. She's eating quite well, will have yoghurt & biscotti biscuits etc in milk. she'll be okay won't she?! sad

SoYo Wed 10-Jul-13 21:34:05

She'll be fine. The food alone will be enough to a fill a milky gap for that long, that plus a but of cup aimed in the right I reaction will be plenty & they can do lots of distracting to stretch it out!

larlemucker Wed 10-Jul-13 22:22:16

Sure she will be fine, she is eating so that will fill her up. If she needs a drink will she sip from a spoon?

Up early tomorrow for my next VIP sale slot!! Fingers crossed for lots of bargains, I'm going to end up spending a fortune as I desperately need new school clothes!!!

Baby larle currently asleep in cot, it's a miracle!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now