Toddler complaining my milk is "too hot" - any ideas? I'm pregnant if that's any clue...

(10 Posts)
Oodsigma Mon 25-Mar-13 21:02:36

I was convinced my dates were out but ds looked pretty spot on for their dates so my milk must have changed on conception.
It changes again at approx 6 months

mawbroon Mon 25-Mar-13 20:55:02

DS1 used to feed when I was pregnant and often asked for a drink of water afterwards. I think it probably did taste salty as NeoMaxi mentions.

RainbowsFriend Mon 25-Mar-13 20:36:20

Wow - that quickly! I reckon that must be it then! smile

Oodsigma Mon 25-Mar-13 19:48:12

Dd3 complained pretty much from conception. She was the reason I tested and eventually found out ( no idea of dates due to pill hmm) I was 3 weeks when I tested and she had been complaint for a few days!

RainbowsFriend Mon 25-Mar-13 19:15:38

Oodsigma (love the name btw!) when did that start for you? I thought 9 weeks was too early for any changes...

Oodsigma Mon 25-Mar-13 18:53:33

Dd3 complained mine was wrong. She did drink more drinks too so salty would tie in.

RainbowsFriend Mon 25-Mar-13 18:00:45

Hmm might be it! smile

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 25-Mar-13 17:59:32

A quick google reveals that breastmilk can taste salty when you are pregnant...maybe that's what she means?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 25-Mar-13 17:56:07

I wonder if by "hot" she means tastes different? could it have a "tang" which she relates to spicy?

RainbowsFriend Mon 25-Mar-13 17:01:33

I'm about 9-10 weeks pregnant and DD 21 months still feeds on demand pretty frequently day and night in addition to a good diet.

But lately she's been having a few mouthfuls, then complaining it's "hot"! confused

I've checked that there are is still milk there (never been able to express much but droplets come out still on a quick squeeze)

It's not stopping her, I'm not worried - just curious! Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now