Expressed milk soapy ?

(7 Posts)
minipie Mon 25-Mar-13 13:37:40

Hi, scalding is bringing it to the point where it is v hot and little bubbles form round the edge but the milk is not quite boiling, then take it off the heat quickly.

Lonelybunny Sun 24-Mar-13 21:19:43

It's only for a couple of times a week. Do you just boil it ?

HabitualLurker Sun 24-Mar-13 18:06:56

oops, sorry for double post..

HabitualLurker Sun 24-Mar-13 18:06:37

I had the same problem. I only realised recently and my baby's 6 months old. He'd been drinking it, but quite reluctantly. I thought it was because he hated the bottle, but on reflection maybe it was the milk itself!

I now scald before freezing and he seems a lot happier with it, though that could be a coincidence. Since I only give him expressed milk once or twice a week I don't have a problem with the heat treating of it, but appreciate you might do if lots of your baby's feeds are going to be expressed milk.

HabitualLurker Sun 24-Mar-13 18:06:37

I had the same problem. I only realised recently and my baby's 6 months old. He'd been drinking it, but quite reluctantly. I thought it was because he hated the bottle, but on reflection maybe it was the milk itself!

I now scald before freezing and he seems a lot happier with it, though that could be a coincidence. Since I only give him expressed milk once or twice a week I don't have a problem with the heat treating of it, but appreciate you might do if lots of your baby's feeds are going to be expressed milk.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 24-Mar-13 15:59:08

Just bumping for you.

Lonelybunny Sun 24-Mar-13 13:10:21

My expressed milk tastes like soap. I heard it was supposed to be very rare and is caused my lipase ie breaking down if fats. However after googling it appears to not be as rare as I thought and a lot of women have this trouble. I don't really want to heat treat. Before freezing but will if she doesn't take it. Do any of you have this problem ? And does baby still take the milk ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now