How to stay awake during night feeds part 8 - bring your snacks and join the fun!

(1000 Posts)

Here we go at 7001 messages!

SoYo Wed 03-Apr-13 03:16:55

I've just realised its an hour earlier than I thought it was. Rubbish. Plus she's not settling with this feed. Could be a long night! confused

Babybeesmama Wed 03-Apr-13 03:23:05

Little piggy is having another feed! He got himself in such a state doing CC earlier sad in the end I just put my hand on him & he nodded off, I think he just needs that reassurance that I'm here. Decided to try mattress in his room again & so far its gone ok, he woke at 12 for bottle, and went down ok, woke at 2 & I just held his hand through cot bars, no wailing. It will be an achievement if I just keep him in his cot all night!! X

larlemucker Wed 03-Apr-13 03:38:33

Second feed, it's amazing the difference a few hours of sleep makes!!
soyo I also have a dog and was dreading the walks when DH went back to work. Time the walks to coincide with a nap so LO sleeps in pram and its not too bad (apart from the wailing while you get pram ready) we also bought a dicky bag, it's a waterproof bag (and smell proof bag) you can attach to lead that you can put poop a scoops in so you're not pushing pram with a smelly poo bag in your hand! TBH I like the fact the dog needs walking as it makes sure I get out of the house everyday.
MrsN could you have some before and after pics of you blown up to have on display during your presentation?

abi2790 Wed 03-Apr-13 04:04:01

Geekette I don't think it's possible to feed him any more than I already am haha. I think he'll be fine on just breastmilk for a few more weeks but I will get him weighed again in a couple of weeks just to make sure.

Well lo slept from 8- half 3 which is a massive change from 1-3 hours :D

Hope everyone is having a good night.

Pinebarrens Wed 03-Apr-13 05:29:08

well DS has been asleep since dream feed at 10.30 me on the other hand, I've been wake since 3.00 and not able to sleep aaargh!...

Anypants Wed 03-Apr-13 06:10:24

Morning - can't quite believe it after the last couple of days but happy to report first feed since 12.30! I feel like i've slept for a week - does this count as 'sleeping through' for the first time? mini victory dance smile I know it's a fluke but it couldn't have happened at a better time!

MrsNPattz Wed 03-Apr-13 06:22:41

Second feed and hopefully not up time!! Really glad there have been some better nights, it makes such a difference!

Larle that's a good idea, thank you so much for your help smile just got to deal with the nerves now blush

SoYo Wed 03-Apr-13 06:59:16

Halfway through third feed here & a much better night than the previous 5 so can't complain. It would still be lovely to go back to sleep for a wee but but I think that's probably pushing it!

MrsN good luck with the presentation, I'm sure you'll be great. It's always very obvious with these things the people that have a real interest in & are passionate about their subject.

Larle I agree it's a good thing to force you out of the house & pup's been ever so good when I've got completely beside myself she comes & try's to lick my tears & snuggles with her head on my lap. Her main problem is that because she's still a pup (we got her just before finding out I was pregnant...oops!) she's a big bundle of energy & can't understand why I can't play with her while trying to feed the baby etc. She's really hard work but I wouldn't be without her and at least she sleeps at night.

funchum8am Wed 03-Apr-13 09:47:33

Larle glad you are feeling a bit better today. Your posts reminded me to be grateful that the worst is over with babyfunch (hopefully) and soon you will be out of the woods too. Honest!

Babyfunch has got terrible eczema on her torso after it being almost gone...think something she was wearing must have caused it but I cannot work out why hmm. No change of washing powder or anything. So she was really grizzly yesterday afternoon so we put her to bed about 45 mins early, thinking we were in for a 3am wake up...but after an extra feed at 3am when the 4oz I gave at 2:30 was deemed insufficient, she went til 6, and then settled again til 7!!! Unbelievable. Usually once she wakes after 4am that is it, she is up for the day, or at least for a while.

We also started her on some purée yesterday as she is 6months tomorrow...she did not look impressed with her carrot purée but did take several spoonfuls. Cannot wait to get her onto some proper food!!

Mrsn best of luck for ww presentation - my main tip is to know what you are going to say more or less by heart so you can look your audience in the eye.

Amey good luck with sleep training!

MrsNPattz Wed 03-Apr-13 10:51:00

Thanks Soyo and Funch, it's hard trying to get time to work on it with this little monkey, but hubby is a bit better now so will do an hour or two when he gets home from work!

We got more sleep snuggled up together which was a lovely surprise! We are off to walk to the post office now. Have a good day all!

Babybeesmama Wed 03-Apr-13 11:50:58

Good luck mrsn! Xx

MrsNPattz Wed 03-Apr-13 18:03:48

Thanks Amey, it's on Monday and an already stressing about it! xx

larlemucker Wed 03-Apr-13 19:24:53

MrsN you'll be fine, nerves are good. The adrenaline will make you perform better!
Lost 1.5lb this week! Worried about my friend who comes with me as she isn't losing. I think she must be lying about what she is eating but don't know how to help her.
Had a lovely walk down to the lake again today, so busy down there.
Hope everyone enjoyed the sunshine!

abi2790 Wed 03-Apr-13 22:08:46

Good luck MrsN smile

Worried ds might be coming down with something. He's done 3 and a bit poos today and he normally only does one every 2-3 days. He's a very sicky baby but seems to be bringing up even more milk than usual. He's been feeding every hour today too and doesn't seem content after feeds. Don't know whether to take him to the gp cos he still seems his happy self he's just not sleeping well in the day.

Hi all, I've found you again after a long absence - not due to any sleeping through, I promise you! I fact I've not had more than 3 hours sleep in one go since November sad

Good luck for Monday MrsN and hope your first day back was ok marbles. Thinking of abi about her mum and Heff for her sister flowers.

DS will go to bed happily at 7, but once I go to bed, it's a disaster, so much screaming - he's been in his own room in his cotbed for a couple of weeks now, but we are suffering with mega-tantrums every time you go to put him down on his back, whether it is to sleep or for nappy changing etc. I really feel I can't cope with the lack of sleep anymore. DH wants to do CC or CIO, but I am refusing - I can't bring myself to let him scream for hours and hours.

Other than that, my dad was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in February, so that has been a struggle to come to terms with. He is doing quite well at home now, but he is in a wheelchair and has carers coming in to help look after him. My mum is also doing a lot of his care but still working full time so it has been really tough for her. I go down to visit and try and help but find that unless DS deigns to have a decent nap, I can't really help with anything.

Sorry for the moaning, I'm not in a great place right now.

I missed you guys flowers

larlemucker Wed 03-Apr-13 23:45:26

Hi tea, so sorry to hear about your dad. No experience of prostrate cancer. Sending you lots of virtual hugs. If you don't want to do CC have you tried gradual retreat?

I've had 30mins sleep and Lo has woken me up. Sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture hmm

Ugh larle that being woken so soon after going to sleep is horrible.

I would feel much happier about doing gradual retreat, but the issue is calming him down when he starts screaming (he often wakes up screaming his head off). Sometimes shh pat, stroking his face and other things like that help (plus trusty Ewan the sheep) but at the moment he just seems so angry that he is not being picked up. But if you pick him up and calm him down, he will just go mental again when you put him back in. He is so bloody strong willed, I should have known a combination of me and DH wasn't a good idea! wink

Thank you for the hugs smile

abi2790 Thu 04-Apr-13 00:45:14

So sorry to hear about your dad tea flowers

First feed here. Don't think it will be a long one hopefully. Looks like ds is going straight back to sleep smile

larlemucker Thu 04-Apr-13 01:08:02

Been in bed 3 hours, not had an hours sleep yet

SoYo Thu 04-Apr-13 01:46:54

Hi Tea, sorry to hear about your Dad, must be so tough. Unmumsnetty big hug for you.

Larle, what a shitty start to the night. If you find yourself close to tears from trying to get to sleep & failing (I've one this a lot) I often find just getting up & watching half an hour of TV helps a bit before trying again. For me it just breaks the cycle a bit & is at least a bit of time you're not trying & failing to sleep. Might not work for you at all but always worth a share just in case.

Hope everyone else is snoozing soundly. I'm just about to delve into the dark choccy digestives, I may be gone for some time.....

biscuit biscuit biscuit biscuit biscuit

larlemucker Thu 04-Apr-13 01:51:04

Thanks for the tip Soyo but its DS that is keeping me up, he has had 3 or 4 feeds (lost count) since we came to bed hmm

MrsNPattz Thu 04-Apr-13 02:08:22

First feed here, he took ebm in a bottle again at bed time, but I had to feed him too cause it wasn't enough. He went down, but woke after an hour so fed again and he went back to sleep until now. Do your little ones self settle for day naps?

Larle well done, I'm not sure you can really help your friend if she is not being honest. Maybe she is not in the right place for it at the moment? I know if I'm not in the zone I really struggle!

Welcome back Tea, we missed you too! So sorry about your dad and that you are having a hard time, sending huge hugs! thanks Don't be a stranger!

Abi if he is ok in himself I wouldn't worry too much, but if you are concerned maybe a quick call to your health visitor hopefully yours is better than mine

Mmmm SoYo hope you are sharing grin

abi2790 Thu 04-Apr-13 03:59:48

MrsN it seems to be that's come down with something sad maybe ds has a much milder form?

Second feed here and I've woke up really unwell sad I'm terrified of puking whilst feeding ds!

MrsNPattz Thu 04-Apr-13 05:26:53

Oh no Abi poor you! Get well soon thanks

Second feed zzzzzzzzz

larlemucker Thu 04-Apr-13 05:58:34

Get well soon abi.

Stopped counting feeds but haven't slept for more than an hour at a time hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.