colds whilst breastfeeding.

(9 Posts)
leedy Tue 26-Feb-13 08:50:10

Was just going to point to the same Kellymom page - you can actually take quite a lot beside paracetamol if you need to. I also totally recommend the Neilmed sinurinse bottle if you're gunged up, I use it even when not pg/bf because it's massively more effective than decongestants for me.

Aliglobetrek Tue 26-Feb-13 08:23:57

I'm getting over a bad cold. I've been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen at the same time. They told me in the hospital it was ok to do this and it helped as paracetamol doesn't seem to help me much.
I've also been inhaling over a bowl of hot water with a few drops of Olbas in it which really helped.

TempusFuckit Tue 26-Feb-13 07:19:40
TempusFuckit Tue 26-Feb-13 07:17:28

Nasal strips help with blocked noses. I've heard good things about neti pots for clearing blocked sinuses (or a squirt of your baby's saline spray will probably do the same - they sell adult sized sprays too).

Kellymom reckons that sudafed is okay too iirc, although everyone else seems to disagree.

newcastle34 Tue 26-Feb-13 06:46:51

Thought so. Thank you.

ceeveebee Mon 25-Feb-13 21:47:37

Unfortunately I think only paracetamol. You can have glycorol if you have a cough/sore throat, or hot water, honey and lemon

queenofthepirates Mon 25-Feb-13 21:47:04

I would have thought so, read the label to be sure. I certainly did when I breastfed.

CitrusyOne Mon 25-Feb-13 21:46:46

Paracetamol is about the extent of it I think.

newcastle34 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:45:05

Can you take anything? Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now