oversupply, colief, breast refusal help!

(4 Posts)

I phoned colief helpline when I was using it for DS. They said that it wouldn't do any harm but that the saliva would change the way that it works basically. It needs to go in milk because it changes the composition of the colief if it goes straight into mouth and it won't work.

I can't remember exact science but something to do with acid and alkaline and it not working but not doing any harm if ingested directly.

tiktok Wed 13-Feb-13 06:53:39

Clarella, I think the Colief people have a number to call for queries about it.

I would think your suggestion is not a good idea - but not sure if it would be harmful.

Do you need to continue with the colief? The evidence that it helps with bf babies is very thin.

Clarella Wed 13-Feb-13 06:05:02

lo is 9 weeks.

Clarella Wed 13-Feb-13 06:04:33

I'm in a pickle as we actually had oversupply issues which the colief helped with. but. then the faffing with the syringe caused bad wind leading to breast refusals sad we started having llovely yellow poos as my supply settled so I stopped it cold turkey and am now worried this was really bad sad

is it ok to put the colief on their tongue after a little suckling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now